No eggs, now no shells

There's also been no change in their diet since the fall when she was laying really regularly.

I've been feeding my Easter Egger the calcium citrate pills for a few weeks, not every day because I wasn't seeing anything from her egg-wise and I didn't want to overload her if she's just not laying still.

Recently I've been seeing poop with yellow yolk colored stuff in it, and I just noticed one of my other girls (black copper maran) has yellow splatter below her vent. She stopped laying a few weeks ago too, after laying most of the winter. I'm assuming both of them are laying shell less eggs or the weird deconstructed eggs I saw from the EE once, but they're eating them before I see them.

Should I just give them both the calcium until I see solid eggs? There might have been wormy looking tubes in one poop, but my other three (barred rocks) have no issues either laying or gross poop.

Here's a picture of the poop with the yellow in it. I got both of these chickens at the same farm and had them for a while before they started laying, so they're young. I had two others from the same farm who have died over the winter, but neither of them ever even started laying so not sure if it's related.

They eat the same things as my BRs, they look healthy, just no eggs. I'd like to keep both of them, they were really good layers all summer and fall.

Thanks for any ideas :)

Attachments

• 20240318_120333.jpg
    20240318_120333.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom