No pip? Day 27 Duck Egg Incubation

Day 28 no difference so far, no sign of internal pip yet, still alive and moving a bit though!
Try not to worry, I know it’s hard!
leave it till tommorow before worrying.
what incubator have you got? Can you upload a photo? It may just be that it’s not a really good one meaning it may say a temp but could be lower and that’s why it’s taking longer.
also what is the humidit’s? have you raised it to 60%?

Try not to worry, I know it’s hard!
leave it till tommorow before worrying.
what incubator have you got? Can you upload a photo? It may just be that it’s not a really good one meaning it may say a temp but could be lower and that’s why it’s taking longer.
also what is the humidit’s? have you raised it to 60%?
it's that cheap 7 egg one, i can't measure the humidity on it only the temp, there is a little water tray which i keep topped up every day mostly

it's that cheap 7 egg one, i can't measure the humidity on it only the temp, there is a little water tray which i keep topped up every day mostly
Thai is likely why, unfortunately when I used that when first hatching eggs the duckling didn’t make it, It is a bit cold for them (as it read higher then it is) and the humidity is all over the place. if he is still alive, you can get a humidity reader from a local shop and put that in, you can then control humidity levels, also I would raise the heat a tiny bit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Incubator-Poultry-Brooder-Temperature-Hatchery/dp/B08Z383ZDB/ref=sr_1_14?crid=12ONRS93CLTRU&keywords=Incubator&qid=1674067470&sprefix=incubator,aps,94&sr=8-14
I’m guessing it this kind of thing?
also have you been rotating eggs regulaly?

ducks can be stressfull but when you have this duckling in your hands it’s all worth it and I know how you feel, hopefully you can help this lovely duckling hatch🦆🙃

Last edited:
Thai is likely why, unfortunately when I used that when first hatching eggs the duckling didn’t make it, It is a bit cold for them (as it read higher then it is) and the humidity is all over the place. if he is still alive, you can get a humidity reader from a local shop and put that in, you can then control humidity levels, also I would raise the heat a tiny bit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Incubator-Poultry-Brooder-Temperature-Hatchery/dp/B08Z383ZDB/ref=sr_1_14?crid=12ONRS93CLTRU&keywords=Incubator&qid=1674067470&sprefix=incubator,aps,94&sr=8-14
I’m guessing it this kind of thing?
also have you been rotating eggs regulaly?

ducks can be stressfull but when you have this duckling in your hands it’s all worth it and I know how you feel, hopefully you can help this lovely duckling hatch🦆🙃
Understandable. I know it's not the best one but just wanted to give it a go :) I can try go to a shop later on today. I rotated the egg up until about day 25, I have stopped now but have been candling to check whats happening

Understandable. I know it's not the best one but just wanted to give it a go :) I can try go to a shop later on today. I rotated the egg up until about day 25, I have stopped now but have been candling to check whats happening
Great, you are doing everything right 👍
hopefully you will have a lovely little duckling very soon!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EEEKit-Tem...4069839&sprefix=Humidity+,aps,78&sr=8-15&th=1
here is a link to a humidity reader which also tells the temp as well so you can get an accurate reading of that-something like this on Amazon prime if you can’t find one at a shop!

I am praying for this little one 🦆🐣

Great, you are doing everything right 👍
hopefully you will have a lovely little duckling very soon!
Update when he has internally pipped! 🦆🥰👍

also make sure you aren’t candling to often as this can shrink rap them as the change of humidity can do this, but every now And then is fine-make sure once he has pipped not to take him out the incubator unless you need to assist or make a safety hole.

Last edited:
Update when he has internally pipped! 🦆🥰👍

also make sure you aren’t candling to often as this can shrink rap them as the change of humidity can do this, but every now And then is fine-make sure once he has pipped not to take him out the incubator unless you need to assist or make a safety hole.
Thank you, I hope it goes well for this lil duck

Back
Top Bottom