Nobody knows which of these is a rooster for sure.

So when a chicken jumps on another chicken and sits on her it means he is trying to breed it only last a few seconds. if any chicken grabs a stick and runs back and forth to show off he is definitly a rooster. If a chicken is bigger than the others most likely means he is a rooster. Walking up to you like a crab and bites you if you stick your hand out or jumps in a fighting way when you do that also means he is a rooster.

Ok give me a sec
Okay thanks. Fyi Teddy was the first chick to roost, his feathers are the longest, his feet are large, and he has made some sounds that were rather loud. But I haven't heard a crow. Our coop is far away from the house, so I never hear the morning crows. But my sister said it woke her up when she stayed here, her room was above the chick room. So somebody is a rooster.

Okay thanks. Fyi Teddy was the first chick to roost, his feathers are the longest, his feet are large, and he has made some sounds that were rather loud. But I haven't heard a crow. Our coop is far away from the house, so I never hear the morning crows. But my sister said it woke her up when she stayed here, her room was above the chick room. So somebody is a rooster.
Just so you know. Their first crow doesn't sound like a crow. It sounds like a raspy loud chirp it takes a while to mature into a full crow.

So when a chicken jumps on another chicken and sits on her it means he is trying to breed it only last a few seconds. if any chicken grabs a stick and runs back and forth to show off he is definitly a rooster. If a chicken is bigger than the others most likely means he is a rooster. Walking up to you like a crab and bites you if you stick your hand out or jumps in a fighting way when you do that also means he is a rooster.
Edna doesn't try to get on the other chicks, she just kicks at them. She doesn't do it very often, it looks more like a pissy thing than a mating thing. She is also smaller than Teddy, Red, and Pocahontas. Teddy and Red are the two who seem most likely to be roos, they are the two biggest. But Red's feathers aren't the same as Teddy's either...

Just so you know. Their first crow doesn't sound like a crow. It sounds like a raspy loud chirp it takes a while to mature into a full crow.
Okay, I have heard that from Teddy and Red! I also have 7 week old chicks, two olive eggers and two wyandottes. One of the olive eggers makes a sound like that occasionally as well.

Back
Top Bottom