Noisy Chickens!!!

as I said, my neighbors hear my hens more than my rooster. I live on a fairly busy highway, 55mph speed limit, so the traffic roars by all day long. The coop is about 500 or so feet behind my house. My neighbor who lives on the other side of the highway, about 1/8 mile down the road, can hear them inside his house if the windows are open.
My neighbor next door said she hears them "sometimes" but ignores them. Neither one cares about the noise. Sometimes it only last 5 mins or so. Other times they start cackling back and forth and will go on for 30 mins or more.

I think most of my neighbors wont care as long as they dont wake them up at 5 am every day. I am good friends with my neighbors.​

Cool
smile.png
I will look into getting a quieter breed

You can't really know how they'll be until they are. Every bird is different, regardless of typical breed tendencies. Some like to shoot their beaks off and others barely make a peep.

I do feel like waiting but I hate getting so attached and then having to let go. I'd rather just change breeds now and i'm pretty sure the hatchery has speckled sussex and orps in stock so I will ask him and see what else I can get that is quiet.

Back
Top Bottom