Noisy, noisy, noisy hens!!

I have BO's who have absolutely no consistant way of behaving when they lay an egg. Sometime's they're noisey and sometimes not. Then, the two little OEGB will run as far from where they lay the egg and make a racket. Since they hide their eggs, it makes finding their eggs interesting.

Unfortunately for me my neighbors don't want eggs!! I know, I know.... The one family is tolerant because they have their own chickens. The other is an elderly couple who think eggs aren't all that good for them .
roll.png

Bread.... that's it I'll try bread bribes!

Wow, my coop and house are both insulated so I don't even here my own chickens when they're inside the coop let alone someone 8 acres away! You must have really, really loud girls.
lol.png

I watched my (and my chicken's) first egg on Monday. It was pretty noisy, as you can see on youtube - just watch the last 2 minutes for the egg song. (search for Liz's First Egg)

I missed the egg laid on Wednesday am (#2, same layer); it was cold at 8 am.

Liz laid #3 today around 12:10 pm. I also watched this one. A few squacks while in the nest, but no cackly egg song at all this time.

I was surprised how different Egg #3 laying was from Egg #1.

I talked to the neighbor today and was able to hear what he could hear - and it isn't MY chickens!
lol.png

Neither of us realized that the other people on the other side of him had chickens and it is their chickens he hears. We are at the top of a small valley and the acoustics are weird so I thought it entirely possible he could hear mine. But, oddly enough I know the crow of my rooster and that wasn't what he was hearing.

But, he said he wasn't mad about it anyway, so alls well.

But, golly my girls do raise a ruckus. This morning I was in there when one laid and she was silent but her pep squad was bucking up a storm!
big_smile.png

my chickens lay from early morning to late afternoon and they always announce when they lay an egg..... I thought something was getting one of them the first few times till I figured it out. The other ones don't join in but they do stop and pay attention no matter where they are on the property. Our rooster will crow in light or dark but only in the dark if he is not happy........ last night he was throwing a fit because one of the kids forgot to go back out and shut the coop door after the night feeding and he let them know it! As soon as my oldest went out and shut the door he quieted right down.

mine do it until i yell at em to SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wink.png
lol.png
they really do stop when i yell at em lol

omg u jinxed me NOW MINE ARE DOING IT AGAIN
barnie.gif
lol my dad calls it the chicken quire LOL

Back
Top Bottom