non-broody fowl keepers

Happy Friends GIF by Max

Join the party!!!!!! You're part of the broody club now!!!!!!

I can't believe I am🥹. It feels like I'm in a dream, one that I hope doesn't get cut short🤞

How's Cruella doing, Fluffy? My hen Marka's babies are hatching under her as we speak! :wee

Yay! Good luck with her! As for Cruella, she's not sitting too tight. She broke last week I think it was, two weeks into the whole thing. I've attributed it to the fact she was really young, but I'm sure she'll try again

Oh no, I'm so sorry! :hugs Hopefully when she's a little older she'll be better at sitting tight for the whole incubation. That she went broody so young is a really good sign that she'll try again in my experience, though! :fl

Did you have an incubator to finish out her eggs or anything?

Ah, man, that really stinks. I'm so, so sorry. :hugs Poor babies. It's good to know fertility is solid, though! I've struggled with that a lot with my birds this year, unfortunately.

I kind of feel bad for bringing up my hen now! Her last baby hatched within the past few hours based on how it looks, so she's got three little peeps fluffing under her now. :oops:

Ah, man, that really stinks. I'm so, so sorry. :hugs Poor babies. It's good to know fertility is solid, though! I've struggled with that a lot with my birds this year, unfortunately.

I kind of feel bad for bringing up my hen now! Her last baby hatched within the past few hours based on how it looks, so she's got three little peeps fluffing under her now. :oops:

Yup, it's definitely a positive, hope yours improves as the year progresses! Don't worry about bringing up your mama hen, just because my didn't succeed doesn't mean I don't like hearing about other people's successes!

Aww, you got a broody! She’s such a cute little mama. Now I don’t feel too bad for bragging about my three broody hens who each go broody three times a year 🥰

Thank you! She really is. And yes, now brag all you want. I have a feeling this girl won't stop with this brood :p

Back
Top Bottom