NON GMO feeds

Sorry i didnt mean to add to your quote
Lol it's easy to do, especially on mobile.
Thanks! I love the flavor in heirloom tomatoes. It can't be beat. Our peppers are looking phenomenal and I'm expecting terrific flavor out of those too. I was in on a big group buy and got seeds for about a dollar a packet so we're trying all sorts of new stuff. We started canning a few years ago so the garden gets bigger and bigger as we learn. I'm also planting sunflower and sorghum to harvest for bird seed since I otherwise buy so much of it. :)

King Feeds, King City, CA produces Freedom Poultry Feeds. They are GMO/Soy/Corn Free and enhanced with powerful nutraceuticals like pre and probiotics, diatomaceous earth, omega 3/6's, etc. It is available in crumbles and pellets. Dealers around your area include: Hemme Hay, Lancaster, Healthy Pet (Agoura Hills, Thousand Oaks and Newberry Park)

Sandpoint is in Idaho, I was referencing a landmark town that we were near. Thompson Falls / Clark Fork Valley was were I used to be. Scratch & Peck is in Spokane. 

What does the source of the seeds that a crop is raised from have to do with whether it is organic or Genetically Modified?  Every food and feed stuff that you buy and eat or that you buy and feed to your chickens has been, or will be sprayed dusted, or treated at one time or the other with some pretty nasty chemicals.  That is if you are a grasshopper, cutworm, or aphid. Think about it, if this wasn't true then there would not be any organic food on the shelves at the grocery store.  "Organic" does not mean pesticide free but instead means that all (well most of) the pesticides employed to grow "organic" food
are the older more dangerous generation of pesticides.  Thank of these pesticides like they were the same old poisons that Rachael Carson was so concerned about.  Most of this generation of pesticides was first isolated from other plants that demonstrated resistance to insect pests and then mass produced.

If not the largest, Monsanto is ONE of the largest providers of these so called "organic" pesticides.  Monsanto does not want to stop selling pesticides to both camps in the "organic" food fight.  They make money from both camps.  The next big thing in the GMO seed industry is to improve the yields of GM crops.  This is why Monsanto is buying out other seed companies.  It is to gain access to their patented crop verities that may have over 100 years of research behind them.  This and this alone is why some GM crops have lower yields than their conventional competitors.  Monsanto is as big a victim of conventional seed companies as the eat "organic" or die crowd says that Monsanto is a conspiracy to ruin small farmers.

Now this bit of trivia from the halls of the evil seed empire.  Not only did Monsanto refuse to renew their patent on RoundUp herbicide about 10 years ago, but they allowed their US patent on RoundUp Ready Soy-Beans to expire.  I am sure that all the "organic" activist will sing Monsanto's praises from the highest mountain top.  Starting this year all the "organic" soy-bean farmers in America can plant RoundUp ready soybeans and save the seeds from their heritage [COLOR=444444]glyphosate resistant legumes and replant them year after year to their hearts content without paying Monsanto a penny for[/COLOR] the privilege or having a GMO paper trail leading back to Monsanto to hide.

I don't agree with this. There are some heritage seeds that haven't been sprayed with chemicals so I personally care whether the seeds have been used over a period of time or they were some seeds that were sprayed or tampered with AT one time that I would be eating. I'm not sure what are your Sources for your information?
Thanks~

King Feeds, King City, CA produces Freedom Poultry Feeds.  They are GMO/Soy/Corn Free and enhanced with powerful nutraceuticals like pre and probiotics, diatomaceous earth, omega 3/6's, etc.  It is available in crumbles and pellets.  Dealers around your area include:  Hemme Hay, Lancaster, Healthy Pet (Agoura Hills, Thousand Oaks and Newberry Park)
:goodpost:
this sounds wonderful, I wonder if we can order it to be shipped here in Arizona? We do have a Phoenix chicken feed coop, that we get food from..sky farm but they don't come in crumbles or pellets.

Last edited:
... There are some heritage seeds that haven't been sprayed with chemicals so I personally care whether the seeds have been used over a period of time or they were some seeds that were sprayed or tampered with AT one time that I would be eating. I'm not sure what are your Sources for your information?
Thanks~

Please answer one question for me. Do you like the HERITAGE tomato variety called Rutgers?

Now to answer the question you asked of me, my information comes from the United States Department of Agricultural and the United States Food and Drug Administration, the American Medical Association, the Royal Society, among other highly respected scientific organizations.

My second question for you is where do you get your scientific information?

Please answer one question for me.  Do you like the HERITAGE tomato variety called Rutgers?

Now to answer the question you asked of me, my information comes from the United States Department of Agricultural and the United States Food and Drug Administration, the American Medical Association, the Royal Society, among other highly respected scientific organizations. 

My second question for you is where do you get your scientific information?   

I research my information and I'm not familiar with that heritage tomato. Some of my information comes from Medscape information provided to medical professionals. With that being said I do not trust the FDA. And some of our government agencies has not always had the correct information. & I know that from the news and the other sources that I read and have studied with. I study with Naturopathic doctors over at Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine.

Thank you for the info I will look them up as well. Most of the Heritage seeds that I've got my hands on are some from the Native American tribes here locally in in my state of Arizona. Now I've paid for and taken classes from the,"Herb Lady,"..(who has some books published in electronic form in paperback) and I look up some things from the," The garden guy," here locally. Whole Foods sometimes has some startings, That I've looked into on occasion for info and Native Organic seeds.

you and I can agree to disagree, because you may have a different view, Than I do, based on your own research. But I was interested what was the basis for your opinions. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom