Non-GMO Organic Chicken Feed With No Added Hormones

Ilovefarming

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 12, 2014
Hi! I am looking for a NON GMO Certified Organic Layers Mash for hens and Scratch Feed for hens with no added Hormones. I am currently feeding my 4 hens Purina Layers Mash with no added Hormones, but I feel bad every time I give it to them, b/c I know it isn't really good for them So,can anyone recommend a honest to goodness, NON GMO ORGANIC LAYERS MASH AND SCRATCH FEED for my chickens?

Thank you very much!!

Last edited:
There are no poultry feeds sold in the U.S. containing hormones.

As for a feed that is Organic/GMO Free you could look for Blue Seal they have a line of Organic/GMO feeds.
Also if you put a State/Location (other than "Mars") in your location bar where your name is then people could help you better since different areas carry different feed Mfgs.

• Ilovefarming
  • new_egg.v168221180.png

Hey,
Somebody told me that there were hormones in some non organic GMO poultry feeds. I guess that is not true, maybe they were teasing! lol
big_smile.png
thanks for the help. I am actually in GA. Has anybody heard of Henpeck Organic Chicken Feed? I was researching organic feeds last night, and their website popped up. Had pretty good reviews, and it was 15 bucks for 25 pounds... anybody ever tried it?

Thanks so much, everyone!!

Ilovefarming

I see that Tucker Milling now makes a Non GMO, non soy feed in both 14% and 16%. I have no idea the cost and I buy their other feeds all the time so I'm going to ask at the co-op. I saw on message board that it's only about $14/ 50#! If so, I'm there. The co-op can order some for me if they aren't already getting it. (I'm in GA as well)

Last edited:
I just called the county co-op and asked about the Tucker Milling 16% protein non-gmo, non-soy feed. She's ordering some, since I'm not the only one who has asked for it, and it's only $13 for 50#. Wow, just wow. I'll let you know how it is when I get it at the end of the week. I hope this will be my new feed for everyone here since the roosters certainly don't need the calcium and I have so many who do not lay anymore as well. I've never found a good feed for the whole group around my area, but this could be it.

I just called the county co-op and asked about the Tucker Milling 16% protein non-gmo, non-soy feed. She's ordering some, since I'm not the only one who has asked for it, and it's only $13 for 50#. Wow, just wow. I'll let you know how it is when I get it at the end of the week. I hope this will be my new feed for everyone here since the roosters certainly don't need the calcium and I have so many who do not lay anymore as well. I've never found a good feed for the whole group around my area, but this could be it.
I know this is an old thread but can you tell me how the Tucker Milling food did?

I bought Bar Ale Non-GMO Organic feed. It's not layer feed because mine are not that old yet, but they do have that as well as scratch. I got mine at a local feed store.

There are no poultry feeds sold in the U.S. containing hormones.

As for a feed that is Organic/GMO Free you could look for Blue Seal they have a line of Organic/GMO feeds.
Also if you put a State/Location (other than "Mars") in your location bar where your name is then people could help you better since different areas carry different feed Mfgs.

Hey,
Somebody told me that there were hormones in some non organic GMO poultry feeds. I guess that is not true, maybe they were teasing! lol
big_smile.png
thanks for the help. I am actually in GA. Has anybody heard of Henpeck Organic Chicken Feed? I was researching organic feeds last night, and their website popped up. Had pretty good reviews, and it was 15 bucks for 25 pounds... anybody ever tried it?

Thanks so much, everyone!!

Ilovefarming

Back
Top Bottom