Non soy feed growth rate.

Hopefully this can be helpful for others as well as myself.
I am raising 26 Cornish Cross. They are roughly 6 weeks old. I am feeding them non soy feed on 12/12 in a chicken tractor. I the growth rate seems a bit behind reported rate. Live weight average 3.5 to 3.75 pounds. From what I've read they should have a processed weight over 4 pounds by now. Does anyone else have experience with this?
Feed lists just under 17% protein so I've been scrambling them eggs for a bit extra protein.
They are healthy and happy and soy free.
You can reduce the cost by feed them no soy or your favor feed the last 10 days before process.

What's wrong with Soy? Broilers eat it and it's converted to muscle, there is no recidue of soy on the muscle
Soy is a phytoestrogen, plant based estrogen. The opposite of phytoadrogens which is a more appropriate hormone for us guys. Estrogen is not good for guys. I've read studies that tested before and after with noticable predictable estrogen increases correlating with soy consumption.
China had a soy based baby formula that was banned in the US that allegedly had the equivalent hormone content of 5 birth control pills in each daily serving.
For post menopausal women soy can actually be helpful with hormone boost.
Or so I've read anyway. If it peaks your interest please research.
Thanks

They are when they eat soy.
I am done here.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/acsomega.9b03218

"Peanut and soy proteins were undetected in all pooled egg samples and individual chicken breast meat samples using immunoblotting techniques with rabbit antipeanut agglutinin and rabbit antisoy antibodies. Moreover, quantitative ELISA allergen detection methods determined all pooled egg samples and individual meat samples as “not containing” peanut or soy allergens."

Last edited:
I am done here.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/acsomega.9b03218

"Peanut and soy proteins were undetected in all pooled egg samples and individual chicken breast meat samples using immunoblotting techniques with rabbit antipeanut agglutinin and rabbit antisoy antibodies. Moreover, quantitative ELISA allergen detection methods determined all pooled egg samples and individual meat samples as “not containing” peanut or soy allergens."
Then why did you bother asking? A 5 minute google search to report first opposing view makes you a professional on something you never heard of before..... are you related to my sons mom?

Back
Top Bottom