Normal or confused Tom?

Thank you @Molpet

My inventory is really low but here's a link to my Etsy shop. Turkeys can be very brutal with mating and it often takes them a while to figure it out and get good at it. That's why I started making saddles for turkeys. My poor girls were getting torn up!

OnemountainAcres etsy shop

Oh wow. We have a few hens (chickens) that have missing feathers and sun burn. Your saddles might work... How long can we leave those on a hen?

Toms will tapdance on the hens back until she lifts her tail. Can take 15min. Then he will twist and they bump and grind.
Turkey sex is brutal
Check under her wings on her side for damage. Hen saddles help if this is an issue. @OneMountainAcres makes saddles
I had no idea, and we've hatched before. Don't know why I've never seen it...

Shocking. One lady seemed okay with the massage, the other clearly was unhappy.

We recently re-joined the tom with our poults. Do we need to be concerned.

Thank you @Molpet

My inventory is really low but here's a link to my Etsy shop. Turkeys can be very brutal with mating and it often takes them a while to figure it out and get good at it. That's why I started making saddles for turkeys. My poor girls were getting torn up!

OnemountainAcres etsy shop

Ok I just bought a bunch. Wasn't really sure what color was what so just sort of went for it. I've been horrified by some of our poor hens sunburns and this seems the humane option.

Let me know if you ever make more. Some of the out of stock patterns were quite pretty

Oh wow. We have a few hens (chickens) that have missing feathers and sun burn. Your saddles might work... How long can we leave those on a hen?

You can leave them on as long as you need to or want to. My turkey hens wear them 24/7. I think it's been about 2 years since I've put new ones on them. On the chickens, you can take them off after new feathers grow in or you can just keep them on for an extra layer of protection. It's all up to you.

Ok I just bought a bunch. Wasn't really sure what color was what so just sort of went for it. I've been horrified by some of our poor hens sunburns and this seems the humane option.

Let me know if you ever make more. Some of the out of stock patterns were quite pretty

Thank you! I've been slammed with orders this year (over 1200 sold this year) so trying to keep up has been a losing battle lol. I'll be getting more together here and there when I can and listing them as I go. Around November- March when I get laid off for the winter is when I really start getting a bunch made again.

You can leave them on as long as you need to or want to. My turkey hens wear them 24/7. I think it's been about 2 years since I've put new ones on them. On the chickens, you can take them off after new feathers grow in or you can just keep them on for an extra layer of protection. It's all up to you.

Thank you! I've been slammed with orders this year (over 1200 sold this year) so trying to keep up has been a losing battle lol. I'll be getting more together here and there when I can and listing them as I go. Around November- March when I get laid off for the winter is when I really start getting a bunch made again.

Finally got these on our ladies and I'm about to order more. Didn't realize how many ladies were getting too much 'attention'.

Back
Top Bottom