North Carolina

What a beautiful weekend!

It was a wet Monday morning, but I can't complain since I've been concentrating on my garden all weekend.

I did make a trip to my local hardware store and unfortunately couldn't resist picking up two baby turkeys...I don't know anything about turkeys!
The sign said they are white and bronzes, I think. My son is having fun playing mother turkey and letting them peck around the yard for a while every afternoon.

I am so sorry dt
hugs.gif

Ally, Congrats on your two turkeys!!! They make great pets
tongue.png

Went to WCA yesterday only to be VERY disappointed....seriously the first 100 boxes were roo's and rabbits and some barrels.....I took 3 mixed hens, 4 lav orps, and the white silkie roo.....everything was going VERY LOW! the 3 hens only brought $3 a piece.....
Looks like I'm not gonna be heading back up there anytime soon =(

Oh no! I just was reading up on the turkeys and read about the difference between bronze and broad breasted bronzes...I saw that the BBB is raised for meat and not likely to be able to carry his weight around for very long. I was really hoping for the turkey to be friendly lawn ornaments and I'm not sure which breed I have!

Way to nice of a day to be stuck inside, but that is exactly where I am. Some how I got volunteered to take pictures of the wilton pans Mom is wanting to sell that are extras or she has doubles of. Need a picture of each pan and another of the Wilton tag/stamp in each. 25 pans and a cookie press gave me 52 pictures to edit. Now I have to do some searching to see what each is worth and then start listing them forsale.

FORGET IT. That will wait till dark. I have to go see my birds. It is their supper time anyways.
big_smile.png

Matt

Since I'm having fun swapping my stock tank for hatching eggs, I thought I'd offer up some other items we won't need again. Particularly a kid restraint box, disbudding iron and emasculotome. We haven't had dairy goats for some years now, so there's no need to keep them. Anyone want to swap me some more LF breed eggs for them? Hubby and I will be at WCA this Sunday, if anyone is coming there who wants them. I took pictures this time, so can put them in a pm.

A friend thinks I'm out of my mind swapping things for eggs.
jumpy.gif
Little does she know the pleasure you can get from watching eggs hatch.

Since I'm having fun swapping my stock tank for hatching eggs, I thought I'd offer up some other items we won't need again. Particularly a kid restraint box, disbudding iron and emasculotome. We haven't had dairy goats for some years now, so there's no need to keep them. Anyone want to swap me some more LF breed eggs for them? Hubby and I will be at WCA this Sunday, if anyone is coming there who wants them. I took pictures this time, so can put them in a pm.

A friend thinks I'm out of my mind swapping things for eggs.
jumpy.gif
Little does she know the pleasure you can get from watching eggs hatch.

Swapping is an addiction
lau.gif
A FUN ADDICTION !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom