North Carolina

Waiting for the WCA report

the suspence is killin me
barnie.gif
gig.gif

My second time to WCA today, and it was much nicer for me. I plowed in and introduced myself to MaryRuth, then met up with BHep and Company. She was kind enough to babysit me through the whole thing. We took the Bourbon Red tom that remained as a test sale.

I got home, ran out to finish setting up a place for the hatchlings, (and I think the last one that will hatch is doing so now) and we found that one of the chest freezers was not running.
ep.gif
Hubby has gone out to get a replacement immediately, as that one is the meat freezer. And aside from the venison, it's all homegrown, so it's not "just" money here, but a lot of hard work and effort. I told hubby to hold that broken freezer. Seems to me it might make a heckuva incubator. It's certainly nicely insulated! I'll have to research building one, but I think I can do something with it over the summer.

My second time to WCA today, and it was much nicer for me. I plowed in and introduced myself to MaryRuth, then met up with BHep and Company. She was kind enough to babysit me through the whole thing. We took the Bourbon Red tom that remained as a test sale.

I got home, ran out to finish setting up a place for the hatchlings, (and I think the last one that will hatch is doing so now) and we found that one of the chest freezers was not running.
ep.gif
Hubby has gone out to get a replacement immediately, as that one is the meat freezer. And aside from the venison, it's all homegrown, so it's not "just" money here, but a lot of hard work and effort. I told hubby to hold that broken freezer. Seems to me it might make a heckuva incubator. It's certainly nicely insulated! I'll have to research building one, but I think I can do something with it over the summer.

Be glad you caught it in time, I had one go out and we figured it out 3 days later - lost like $200 in food (including veggies from our garden last year).

I am kicking myself for not going to the WCA today! I was planning on going up through Friday. Then a million things had me caught up in that terrible word "responsibility"... UGH!

So had my hands full running errands, helping a friend, babysitting, last minute bbq I didn't want to go to but hubby volunteered us like to big thing.... I had work I couldn't finish at work yesterday, then BOOM... here I am trying to finish my work on Sunday night and the stuff I needed to get done for work before tomorrow is GONE! I'm so frustrated right now. Why can't things just work and allow me a couple hours of fun time anymore. All next weekend is BIRTHDAY parties... then the next weekend is Easter... I sooooooooooooooo wanted to goto WCA.

Don't be mad at me Beth... I really do need to get away. :p

Back
Top Bottom