North Carolina

Quote:
those ducklings are adorable!!!
droolin.gif
I can't wait for my call eggs to arrive

I have never had khaki's before so they are a new breed to me. The one we picked out was the only one with a fluffy head in the group. Do you think it may be a crested khaki?

Had a visit from animal control Yesterday and again Today. Decent fellow, seemed to genuinely care that the neighbor's dog killed Mom's little Sandy.

Yesterday the neighbor, Billy, wasn't home. Well his live in whatever she is was there, but she won't answer the door. Pretty sure that she told Billy that animal control was there since the dog was in the house this morning. Though about 10 minutes after they let her out she was across their fence and running up and down the road. Mom went and called the animal control officer again and he was here in 15 minutes, but the dog was back in Billy's yard.

This time however Billy was home and the officer went to speak with him. The officer told me that the dog shouldn't be a problem for a while. They were fined before for the dog running around about a year ago. I haven't seen the dog much since because they have been keeping her inside most of the time. I think they thought she would stay in the yard this time since she has the pups, but those pups look about 12 weeks old and are no longer incentive for momma dog to stay in the yard. The officer told me if the dog crossed the fence NOT to shot to scare or wound. That is cruelty. I am to shot to KILL. I fired off the few rounds to reset the sites on my 10/22 yesterday.

I am 85% positive Billy will keep the dog in check for the foreseeable future. Maybe I can relax a little.
fl.gif

The officer wanted to see the chickens and spent about 30 minutes looking and talking about chickens. He is sending his mom out this way to buy eggs on Friday.
hu.gif

Matt

celebrate.gif
My internets is back!
celebrate.gif

These cute kids saved My internet guy from certain death! Cant wait for the weekend! Really cant wait for the show!
Here is the latest Pics, fresh this evening!

71890_mh2.jpg

71890_mh3.jpg

71890_mh5.jpg

71890_mh7.jpg

71890_mh10.jpg

I would say my hatch rate was significantly better this time!!!!!

Quote:
What I don't get is they call it cruelty, what the heck do you call it when the dog comes into your yard and viciously kills your stock!!!
somad.gif
How many chickens have to die before something truely gets done.So they get a fine or two in time or just another warning?? Some owners just blatantly do not care what their dogs do... I am with you Matt 100%. The only to look out for you is you.
smile.png

Oh Story, they are precious!!!! congrats on the great hatch..
thumbsup.gif

and our, you said in your quote about lemon blue silkies thats why I said I'd like to see a pic..

thought I had a broody yesterday, my little frizzle but she changed her mind.
sad.png

allabout, sometimes ducks with crests can have neuroligical [sp] problems so keep an eye on the little duckling. they are adorable.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom