North Carolina

I love cochins, I have some bantam cochins and some Brahmas which aren't cochins but have feathered legs. yesterday I picked up 2 lavender orpingtons pullets to add to my flock.. do you have ducks too?

We got two huge black cochins yesterday. Are all chochins that big that aren't bantams? lol. We also have 2 white bantam cochins and 3 red productions. We don't have ducks but we are looking into getting some if Tractor Supply would keep them in stock. They have been out of them every time we go by there.

We also have 3 americauna chicks and 3 barred rock chicks and 9 more barred rock chicks coming in a few weeks.

frow.gif
Good morning everyone! Sounds like y'all had a great time at the show! Congrats on your new additions!

NH - Exciting 'bout your Orps! Good motivation I'm sure!! Have fun at the auction today if you go. I googled the address for you:

Calamity Jane's General Store
5368 Wilson's Mills Rd.
Clayton, NC 27520

Though it's really in Wilson Mills (in between Clayton and Smithfield). My GPS had the info wrong and sent me on a bit of a wild goose chase, but I eventually found it as there was a sign right on the highway pointing to the general store so it was easy to find.

I hope this rain will stay away so we can keep working on our run! It keeps getting bigger which is exciting for the long term, but slower going for the time being which stinks. One of these days I'll be ready for my chickies!!! Miss Lydia, I'm so jealous of your cochins!!! They are beautiful and at the very top of my list for sure!!!

I'm ready to see some pics today!

those blk cochins were really pretty and they are very nice size. I like the roundness of their bodies. I like a plump bird then I guess
big_smile.png
and they are considered large fowl in my Welp hatchery catalog they call them Giant Blk. Cochin. females 7lb. males 10. so they will make a nice size egg. I have muscovies, all rescues.. I hope to get a couple runner ducks this spring I love ducks very messy but fun to have. sounds like you have a nice selection of birds..

Quote:
Sandy,

hope all is well with you and Tommy..... Sheba must be happy, she laid an egg in the van before we'd even left!!

Sassy72 - you have an email of the document from Sandy waiting for you.

Everyone else - Good morning, I am at work, feel sorry for me........... Ended up with 23 chicks, 5 eggs on day 22, will give them til day 25......

Quote:
Miss Lydia, I read your sentence wrong and thought you said your Brahmas have feathered eggs!

And thanks to the person who took the picture of the show...never having been to a show, I hadn't visualized the large quantity of cages in a row--WOW!

chedva, still reading all I can, soaking it all up!

Quote:
Thanks
smile.png
She was a big girl and was already 8 pounds and still growing. I can have ducks when they are outside but when they are inside it's a whole different story I have come to find out. Thats why I was thinking of letting them take a little vacation
tongue.png

Allabout...I am curious, how do you know your allergic? What are the sytoms? Wonder why so many people are allergic to ducks??? Is it the dander??

Wish I was closer.
tongue.png

I feel like my throat is swelling shut and my mom has come to find out she is allergic to. Her chest starts to hurt is she go's anywhere near them.

Quote:
Allabout...I am curious, how do you know your allergic? What are the sytoms? Wonder why so many people are allergic to ducks??? Is it the dander??

Wish I was closer.
tongue.png

I feel like my throat is swelling shut and my mom has come to find out she is allergic to. Her chest starts to hurt is she go's anywhere near them.

wow that stinks...sorry to hear that. Hope you find someone to foster them.

Back
Top Bottom