North Carolina

Hope everyone had a fun and safe New Year.
yippiechickie.gif

Good morning all.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe new year.
I think it is going to be an unusual new year for me and my flock.  Two of the girls have started laying again after a very long molt period.  One of them is on a possible record breaking pace.  One of my BRs has layed 15 eggs in 16 days?????????  The other one a black sex link has layed two in 3 days which is normal for her.  She lays about every other day.

And the unusual continues.  I have 25 babies coming next Wednesday.  What is unusual about that is that one month and one day after they arrive, I will be returning to the Philippines due to health problems with my wife's family. Her mother passed away the first of December and her father has had a stroke.  A very tough time for the family.  So I am enlisting the aid of my sister, brother, and best friend to take care of the babies.  I have my doubts about their ability to care for the babies because neither of them know anything about taking care of baby chicks, especially with the cold weather we are about to have.  All they know is that chickens lay eggs and you buy them in the grocery to eat.  I hope the keeper of the stars looks down on the little ones and helps them make it through the cold winter.  That's enough of my rambling on.

Happy New Year to all.

So sorry to hear about your wife's folks. Make sure the surrogates know to come here for help, too. Safe travels.

Good morning folks
frow.gif

It's been a busy holiday season and has gone by quickly.
I hope everyone has had a fun one and got to enjoy it.
ya.gif

I would hate to see the group here split into two halves
and I really don't see what it would accomplish. I would
miss all those who went to a different board.
hit.gif

hope everyone has a good day
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom