North Carolina

Good morning folks
frow.gif

It's been a busy holiday season and has gone by quickly.
I hope everyone has had a fun one and got to enjoy it.
ya.gif

I would hate to see the group here split into two halves
and I really don't see what it would accomplish. I would
miss all those who went to a different board.
hit.gif

hope everyone has a good day
pop.gif
x2 I would miss them as well.

I believe it's down east near Fayetteville. Since NC has at least two major climate zones, we might be wise to have two NC threads ... perhaps west and east? Fayetteville is a five hour plus drive from me.
thumbsup.gif

UNITED WE STAND, DEVIDED WE FALL! Better to be united, thus giving us more incite and info in one place that is much easier to keep up with.

Yep...you can do more than one forum!

In a couple more days the last of the goats will be picked up. I need to call about calves, and hopefully get them in before classes start back. Waiting on chickens to get back to laying....

Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!
barnie.gif

I'm not talking about leaving this board or even leaving this thread. Because of where I live, I have more in common with parts of VA, TN, KY ... and even Wisconsin than I do with Eastern NC. I'm simply talking about starting a thread that would be more cold weather oriented but not as cold as North Dakota. There wouldn't be any need for anyone not interested in the NC mountains to join a new thread either.

NC is truly a diverse state. We've got every terrain and every weather all in one state. It's also one heck of a long drive from Murphy to Manteo. I've only lived in NC for a little over 50 years after moving from Alabama. This is home to me. I grew up a mere 110 miles from where I live now. That 2 hour drive means 10* difference in temps and an entirely new climate zone.
So very sorry to have offended anyone who's thinking I was talking treason ...
bow.gif

I actually live in SC but close to the border. so ... I follow the NC forum as well as SC!
caf.gif
We got both of our Welsh Corgis from a breeder in Columbia because most of SC is much closer to us than most of NC. Following multiple threads is really a piece of cake IMO ... maybe because my work has me at a computer all day every day.

Last edited:
Quote: Perhaps I'm confused. Can one only follow one state thread? If so, I've been violating all sorts of rules. As I see it, BYC is one "board"; there are simply different "forums"(categories) with various "threads" (conversations) within the board. It's a bit like being at a big party. It's not possible to talk to everyone at once. It is possible to have a conversation with all sorts of folks throughout the course of the party. I've been following all sorts of threads about all sorts of things. I'm definitely not talking about starting another board! I already work 60+ hours a week at my paying job and have absolutely no additional time to moderate an entire board. Mea culpa; mea maxima culpa for any hurt feelings.

Perhaps I'm confused. Can one only follow one state thread? If so, I've been violating all sorts of rules. As I see it, BYC is one "board"; there are simply different "forums"(categories) with various "threads" (conversations) within the board. It's a bit like being at a big party. It's not possible to talk to everyone at once. It is possible to have a conversation with all sorts of folks throughout the course of the party. I've been following all sorts of threads about all sorts of things. I'm definitely not talking about starting another board! I already work 60+ hours a week at my paying job and have absolutely no additional time to moderate an entire board. Mea culpa; mea maxima culpa for any hurt feelings.
No you are not confused. You are just as sane as the rest of us CHICKEN CLUCKERS. I think if I'm correct, that most were thinking that having two threads like EAST NC and WEST NC would mean that we all would be following one more thread. As many of us and yourself follow many different threads. I personally follow about 25 different threads and sometimes it takes me an hour or more to follow them each day. So don't worry, you're not going crazy, we all are.
thumbsup.gif

Perhaps I'm confused. Can one only follow one state thread? If so, I've been violating all sorts of rules. As I see it, BYC is one "board"; there are simply different "forums"(categories) with various "threads" (conversations) within the board. It's a bit like being at a big party. It's not possible to talk to everyone at once. It is possible to have a conversation with all sorts of folks throughout the course of the party. I've been following all sorts of threads about all sorts of things. I'm definitely not talking about starting another board! I already work 60+ hours a week at my paying job and have absolutely no additional time to moderate an entire board. Mea culpa; mea maxima culpa for any hurt feelings.
No, no, no...........what I was trying to say is I would hate to see folks leave this board......we are all
family. You are not crazy.......many of us not only read/follow many boards here but we also read
several groups on Facebook. So sorry if I implied anything more than not wanting anyone to leave
us here. Anyone is more than welcome to start a new board.....I just hope they still come here as
well......and share the new board with us.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom