North Carolina

I live 60 miles from the coast, but have always loved the western part of the state. We try to get up there once or twice a year. We were in the Boone area in Oct. and it was gorgeous! I keep telling my husband that I want to retire there.

Hi. I'm in Boomer NC. I have a small farm here in beautiful Wilkes county. I have rumpless aracaunas and americaunas. Plus a menagerie of other pets. So glad I found this board! So howdy neighbors
1f603.png
!
welcome-byc.gif
new flocker

You're in Moore County. Close enough that we can get together this summer and I can teach you. I have four or five wheels, so can loan you one to practice on. :)
That would be amazing! I have a bunch of books on processing wool and spinning but I need to find a wheel. It would be great to learn hands on from someone that knows what they are doing. I was given the loom as well as boxes of hand spun yarn, random fibers, books, shuttles, and such by a family friend when I was a teenager. I've moved it all over and over again in the 15 or so years since. It has been awhile since I've done any weaving. I still need to set up a space somewhere where I can get back into it. I'm looking forward to it. Plus, if I learn how to spin yarn, I can probably talk my husband into letting me have some sheep. I have always wanted some. :)

Yes, I'm on Ravelry (urqknits) though I don't visit often. If I live long enough to knit and spin all the wool I have, I'll live to be 1004! I mostly spin wool (no cotton, silk, or blends) and usually in natural colors. I love good Shetland wool because it comes in so many colors.

Do you come to Asheville for SAFF?

<<<-------------- Tikkijane on Ravelry. :D

Quote: Looks like a bunch of us are fiber fiends! Love it!

WNCcluck, I didn't see your question about SAFF until now. I go occasionally, but I'm actually more apt to go to Maryland Sheep and Wool. Depends on my mood each year. Especially now that I have more spinning fibers and yarns than I will ever use. Ever.

Looks like a bunch of us are fiber fiends!  Love it! 

WNCcluck, I didn't see your question about SAFF until now.  I go occasionally, but I'm actually more apt to go to Maryland Sheep and Wool.  Depends on my mood each year.  Especially now that I have more spinning fibers and yarns than I will ever use.  Ever.

I've never bueen to the Maryland show though I've heard it's amazing. I haven't done much shopping at SAFF in years. I usually go for the classes. Of course, it helps that I live half an hour from the venue, too.:yesss:

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Hope everyone had a safe holiday season and got to have some
family time. As usual lots I hoped to get done and little time to
really do it all but the grandbabies had a good Christmas...........
Christmas is so much fun with kids around. Now to get those birds
into breeding pens and eggs coming.
th.gif

hope everyone has a good day
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom