North Carolina

Roosters are doing much better. Thankfully. Now if I could just figure out what to do with this cat and his eyes. He has good days and bad. The other day his little eyes were so swollen and mucousy he could barely hold them open to see his food bowl. If he wasn't still a little on the wild side I would take him to the vet but I'm a little afraid to attempt to pick him up since the bite he gave me almost 2 weeks ago. His eyes were starting to run again today. Anybody know what I can give him in his food or water for this?

Roosters are doing much better. Thankfully. Now if I could just figure out what to do with this cat and his eyes. He has good days and bad. The other day his little eyes were so swollen and mucousy he could barely hold them open to see his food bowl. If he wasn't still a little on the wild side I would take him to the vet but I'm a little afraid to attempt to pick him up since the bite he gave me almost 2 weeks ago. His eyes were starting to run again today. Anybody know what I can give him in his food or water for this?

He probably has an upper respiratory infection and needs antibiotics or it's going to get worse. I don't know if you could get them without a vet. Maybe try a live trap w/a can of tuna or something?

I have been giving him (the cat) tetracycline every few days in a little milk and water. I have looked everywhere online and it doesn't say anything about his eyes being any sign of rabies or anything like that. But I still worry about when he bit me 2 weeks ago. He still seems to be well tempered still a little skiddish but he sleeps in a carrier on the porch, comes running when I call him, and still has a good appetite and I haven't seen any bites or scratches on him. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks ago that this occurred. Wouldn't he be showing signs by now if he had rabies? There is no "foaming" at his mouth or disorientation and he's not acting mean or sweet. Just the same as he was when we first started feeding him. If he hangs around much longer I will probably have no choice but to catch him in a live trap and take him to the vet.

I have been giving him (the cat) tetracycline every few days in a little milk and water. I have looked everywhere online and it doesn't say anything about his eyes being any sign of rabies or anything like that. But I still worry about when he bit me 2 weeks ago. He still seems to be well tempered still a little skiddish but he sleeps in a carrier on the porch, comes running when I call him, and still has a good appetite and I haven't seen any bites or scratches on him. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks ago that this occurred. Wouldn't he be showing signs by now if he had rabies? There is no "foaming" at his mouth or disorientation and he's not acting mean or sweet. Just the same as he was when we first started feeding him. If he hangs around much longer I will probably have no choice but to catch him in a live trap and take him to the vet.

I don't think he has rabies. I'm sure you can check if there have been any cases of rabies in your area. They usually keep a pretty close watch on that. We got a flyer in the mail that they had found a possum with rabies in the neighborhood so it was just to make people aware, to update their pets' shots and don't be touching any wild animals, dead or alive.

Back
Top Bottom