North Carolina

holy tornado...it touched down just miles from my house. I keep watching my girls...they got all wet...now they are just looking for worms. sun is out.

Still thunder and wind for me. Seem to have dodged the tornado. Lots of damage just 5 miles from me on South Sanders Street. My DH works in downtown Raleigh at the Lincoln Theatre. Was supposed to be a show and they wanted him early, but he stayed here until we were clear of the storm. Got a call from some of the guys there and one of them was in the parking garage across the street and saw the tornado tear through the parking lot and taking out the trees. No power there, and trees down on both ends of the street in front of the club. He should be coming home soon. The rain just started here.

Hope everyone makes it ok
fl.gif

If any one in the path of the storm needs help cleaning up, I'm available to help.

Carolyn

Last edited:
Just heard from family in Fayetteville...

My MIL's yard got hit with a tornado. She lost several trees, part of her garage/barn building, some fencing and has a power line down in her yard.

The Goodyear plant down the road on Ramsey St. has a huge hole in it.

And Pine Forest High is damaged according to someone on the WECT fanpage on Facebook.

I can see how that wind could do some severe damage, even Yancey co. was under a tornado watch last night and today it's been really blowing hard. ya'll stay safe.

Lowe's in Sanford looks like a bomb went off. It is only about 3 miles from our house.
hide.gif
th.gif
Major damage everywhere. Big prayers going out to everyone tonight, they said power would be off for hours. We are lucky that hubby has the ability to rig up power for the internet.

I've been glued to WRAL for hours now. The Sky 5 footage of that Lowe's in Sanford...
th.gif
Did I hear them say no one was seriously injured? If so, that is a miracle. The mobile home park off Brentwood in Raleigh is a mess. I can't believe how many tornadoes were on the ground at the same time. This is NC, not Kansas!

Back
Top Bottom