North Carolina

Quote:
Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

Where in Ashe? How many chickens and what kind?

Off to my 6 yr old nieces birthday party...who has a party at 10 am???

We live between Glendale and Jefferson, just off the Parkway. We have 7 chicks but I don't know what kind because they're my first and I got so excited I forgot to ask. And yesterday we were surprised with a full grown rooster. I have no clue what I'm doing, but I'm learning!

Quote:
Someone is suppose to be coming to see him tomorrow but if they don't, he's yours! He's a handsome boy!

No problem! Just let me know. My DH prefers Bantams, I prefer larger birds. But he looks just like a small Sussex, lol. Best of both worlds:cool:

Quote:
Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

We live between Glendale and Jefferson, just off the Parkway. We have 7 chicks but I don't know what kind because they're my first and I got so excited I forgot to ask. And yesterday we were surprised with a full grown rooster. I have no clue what I'm doing, but I'm learning!

welcome-byc.gif
Othercat, we're in yancey co. not too far away.
frow.gif

Quote:
Me too! I have some seeds I want to plant so I can grow my own, it just seems like I never get the time to figure out where to put them and get to it!!
tongue.png

When I used to get real bad migraines nothing over the counter worked and what the Dr. prescribed would knock me out.
hu.gif
Thankfully I have over come them as I have gotten a bit older.
wink.png

Quote:
Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

Lucky you!! Ashe County Cheese House (LOVE those cheese curds) & Shatley Springs in your backyard!!
big_smile.png

Good afternoon everyone!!
welcome-byc.gif
and
frow.gif
to all the new people!!

G&A:
hugs.gif
to Allison!! Although...
tongue2.gif
for having a garden with something in it!!
lau.gif
mine has grass!!
Allabout:
hugs.gif
, I suffer constantly from migraines, so I can empathize...they're NEVER fun and always affect people differently.
fl.gif
I hope you feel better soon!
EM: What a sweet client!! You definitely have some great ones it sounds like!!
SCM: How is the little guy feeling? LOVED the photos of your chickens!!
smile.png

HT: I just planted some Lavender in my herb garden...if I manage to grow something aside from grass, you'll be welcome to all my surplus!!
smile.png

DH and I spent the morning working on deconstruction!! We have an old play set that came with our property (sensing a trend here? haha) so we are tearing it down and moving it away from the trees. DH plans to rebuild it, starting with the sandbox for DD's birthday!! We managed to get the play house off the top of the building intact and ... DH decided it would do nicely for a little sheep pen or
ya.gif
another coop!! I thought it would be a great GREAT duck house!!
smile.png

On a funnier note....we have decided to rename Flopsy....she is now Henrietta Houdini!!
lau.gif
DH and I were moving the playhouse and we hear DD laughing up a storm. Confused, we turned around to see Flopsy running around the coop trying to figure out how to get IN. DH and I could not for the life of us figure out HOW she got out.
lau.gif
Too funny!! Well, I am off, DD is trying to get into trouble. Have a great afternoon everyone!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all you dad's and adopted dads (that means you chicken dads too)!! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

Afternoon All!
frow.gif
I am tossing around the idea of getting together an ~NC Chickenstock~ for this fall and want to see if there would be any interest??
hu.gif

*Please keep in mind it would be over here on the west side of the state as this is where I would have access to putting it together.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom