North Carolina

Happy Father's Day to all my NC chicken loving dads!!! You are all amazing!
smile.png

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Boy, am I jealous!! I LOVE Holden Beach!

welcome-byc.gif
I will be on my annual week long family vacation to Holden Beach in mid July. My family has been going for about 30 years now. It now takes about 5 beach houses to fit us all!
wee.gif
I
love.gif
Holden Beach.

frow.gif
BradBentonHB! I have family in Supply and visit often!
welcome-byc.gif

laughingdog - You might try contacting a couple real estate agencies in Asheville and ask if they have any rentals that meet your criteria or asking if they have any rental agents that could assist you. Good luck with your relocation!

Not much exciting chicken news around here but wanted to pop in and say hi!!! Hope you all had a great weekend and all you dads had a special day!
love.gif

Goodmorning
frow.gif

welcome-byc.gif
BBHB

Finally got a little rain last night.
clap.gif

1 duck egg pipped, nothing else
hu.gif

Fridge egg experiment in lockdown and now have 4 developing peafowl eggs
ya.gif

Happy Monday !
tongue.png

So........decided to go see the Wicked Chicken Auction in Clayton yesterday.
pop.gif
Birds went fast and birds went cheap.
ep.gif
We did not get there in time to look at the birds before the sale so can not really say how healthy everything was but did see some folks we had met at a flock swap
hugs.gif
and it seems some chicks they had gotten had a few doing not so good.
barnie.gif
Since I had seen several birds and some goats panting from the heat it could be the chicks were overly hot in the cardboard box or they were sick.
duc.gif
There were some of those huge fans moving a bit of air but most of the birds being sold were in boxes that did not have large spaces for the air to move through.
smack.gif
Could be that since it was a case of what you brought the bird in is what the bird is sold in and goes to the new owner with the bird, that they were all in boxes or those slat sided fruit crates.
hu.gif
There were a few of the rarer type breeds such as houdins but I'm not sure it's worth the risk unless you really know what a sick bird looks like.
he.gif

The little country store in the same building was a treat to wander through and had some interesting items.
droolin.gif
The store was worth the trip
thumbsup.gif
It was an interesting afternoon and I did enjoy myself
D.gif

Last edited:
yes, thanks for the help, i have contacted and left message for realator, but nothing back yet, so will try some more today, but just concerned that animals will stress to much or to death, as now gunfire and M80s going off all hours until eight this morn so far ( several tossed right in front of porch, and few tossed almost if not right outside back yard). my father was even hearing it when he dropped me off quickly. it starting making my service dog protective (and he is a total mellow fellow). no ones getting called/s on that, i assume, as it went on all hours for days now.. maybe blessing might finally soon be able to get to asheville to live, and not just settle cause i could keep some rescued chooks out in coop.

Quote:
I wish i could help too laughingdog, but all i can think of is maybe Craigslist in Asheville? That might get you talking to people. All the best to you and your chooks.

Back
Top Bottom