North Carolina

Quote:
That's me. If I find one, I usually yell to my husband, "bring me the hoe and the pooper scooper" Honest, the pooper scooper has been the best thing for dragging snakes out of all kinds of places, lol. The hoe is just in case it's posionous, then it's loosing it's head. I used to work for the Nat. Park Service. We had to catch and release rattlesnakes. They are beautiful creatures and have their purpose, but this isn't park service land!! Black snakes, corn snakes, anything nonposionous is going to go for a ride.

Quote:
Oh you're so welcome. He's great! And I awoke to him crowing thru the rain this morning, LOL. Love it!

Quote:
That's me. If I find one, I usually yell to my husband, "bring me the hoe and the pooper scooper" Honest, the pooper scooper has been the best thing for dragging snakes out of all kinds of places, lol. The hoe is just in case it's posionous, then it's loosing it's head. I used to work for the Nat. Park Service. We had to catch and release rattlesnakes. They are beautiful creatures and have their purpose, but this isn't park service land!! Black snakes, corn snakes, anything nonposionous is going to go for a ride.

I'm not one to just kill snakes....there is a reason and purpose for them but I have relocated some larger ones and they have returned after being taken 2-3 miles up the road to a well wooded area.
ep.gif
If one does that then it's deheaded. They have all been the black phased rat snakes and some have gotten to a little over 5 foot long. Some have been biters and some not so much but either way they have all been a nuisence in the pigeon loft and/or chicken coops.
rant.gif
They have not only eaten eggs and chicks
hit.gif
but they have killed adult pigeons sitting a nest.
somad.gif
It is heartbreaking to find a killed sitting hen and the snake ended up leaving the bird because it was too big to eat.
he.gif
Still we do what we can to save the snake population when we can but I must admit I have not gone as far as Beth to make sure it has a good meal first
lol.png
Hats off to you Beth
thumbsup.gif

Hey everyone. Just wanted to stop by and say that I have some BR roos that need a good home. I hatched some eggs from Gavinandallisons flock. They are handsome little fells, but I don't need as many as I got. I also have 2 EE roos that need a good home as well. If anyone is interested, just pm me so we can chat. Thanks and have a great week.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say about snakes. I like them alot especially the blk snakes they have been a great help in keeping down the mice and rat population, But i do get a bit worried when we have very young chicks like now, we have 2 day olds, found a blk snake in the yard this evening, couldn't get through the fence because it had eaten something, all my chicks are accounted for, and don't think mama would let it get near her 2. so dh moved it to the out side of the fence, ya'll have a great week and hope all of you that have extra roos can find homes for them. Ours will go into the freezer in a few months.

Back
Top Bottom