North Carolina

Originally Posted by DSTchickencraze

Its been quite a chaotic week...
barnie.gif
I work at a wedding venue on Friday and Saturday evenings. Well on Friday, my mom was on her way to pick me up (since alas, I'm still to young to have my license) and she was down the road from my work and got hit by a deer. The whole front in of her car is smashed in (there was no way to avoid the deer. It was a windy dark road and it jumped out in front of her)and long story short, we were stuck on the side of the road until 2:00 in the morning.. Well we finally got home by 3:00 in the morning and I had to be at practice bright in the morning at 9:00... Practice until 1:00, get to work by 1:30 and work until 12:00. It's been quite long. And I have final exams coming up. Haha.

Needless to say, I'm just glad we have a work truck for the ranch!

Annnnnnyways welcome anyone who is new!

Has anyone had Seramas before? I'm just curious because my mom has decided she likes having the extremes in chickens haha. We have some Jersey Giant pullets and our orpingtons are pretty giants too. Well when she found out how small Seramas are, she is interested. Just curious who has had them and where you got them?

We do birthday parties with our horses and having the really small Seramas down at the barn for kids to look at would be great!

Quote by HollowOak

Beth (BHep) is the Serama Queen around these parts.

Hope insurance covers the car. Glad your mom is okay

Glad your mom is okay.....sorry about the car.
Hollow is right.....Bhep for Serama info/tips.
Good luck with the chickens and farm
big_smile.png
Thanks Scoop!

Good morning folks
frow.gif

It's June already but just the 2nd of................and half way
to December.........for those who have a thing for Christmas .
big_smile.png

It seems to me that spring is happening sooner and so is
summer........at least from what I remember. I seen some
crepe myrtles in town already blooming.......I seem to remember
it being more like July/August when they bloomed when we first
moved here back in ancient history. Hmmmmmm
hmm.png

hope everyone has a good day
ya.gif

We are just south of Greensboro, in Climax. I have no idea their breed. I bought them about 2.5 -3 months ago at Southern States... All it said was Assorted Bantams.... I took a chance.

I will work on a better picture so someone on here can tell you what "type" of bantam they are?

where are you lacated and what breed are they? :)

We are just south of Greensboro, in Climax. I have no idea their breed. I bought them about 2.5 -3 months ago at Southern States... All it said was Assorted Bantams.... I took a chance.

I will work on a better picture so someone on here can tell you what "type" of bantam they are?
any barred ones? :)

I'm in Burnsville NC in the mountains and would love to find someone close to trade eggs and birds with. All mine are mixed. And getting more mixed everyday, but always fun. Working on making my own super successful breed that works well for my area and style. Have to be smart enough to find their own food without being eaten themselves...so it's more a personality than a breed. Lol. Parents are pure, everything there after is mutley

I have everything I need to breed pure salmon faverolles...but I'm lazy so they are all mixed in. Lol. Wouldn't be too hard to fix, but myeh I like the variety. Maybe when I have more birds I will look into doing some separate breeds...but right now I just love chickens.

Back
Top Bottom