North Carolina

Finally we had rain this morning in my part of the mts.

Faena,
I can not tell what the chicken is unless I could see the tail and the neck feathers. Does the feathers part above the tail and fall over? Are thy pointed? Are the neck feathers pointed or rounded on the ends? The combs and watttles can sometimes fool you but seldom the feathers just above where the tail starts.

Everybody must be on vacation. Lol. Still big fighting here. Haven't seen any alive. But I know they're there. Ha! Bought some DIantomaceous earth. Heard it's supposed to be really good for them little boogers! Hateful bugs. Anyone ever heard of using DE for bed bugs?

Guys I posted this in the rehoming section, but also am going to post this here since I am not shipping 3 month old chickens lol

I need to find a new home for a couple of my bantams.

One is a Black Rose Comb, the other is a Black Sumatra. I got these at tractor supply and as they matured, I found out that I got 2 pullets, and 2 cockerels. My one and only black sumatra pullet was lost to a predator so no reason to keep the cockerel around as I am not getting any more bantams for a while.

The Black Rose Comb cockerel, well I wouldn't know what to do with him anyways and I think he is the one that has started to crow, which is actually a funny thing to hear.

One of the biggest reasons I need to rehome them is my Leg Horn cockerel doesn't place nice with them.

So contact me here and we will go from there. I will drive up 30 minutes from Rhonda Nc.

Last edited:
The broody that hatched on Friday had 5 chicks. One inadvertently slipped through a small hole into the neighboring broody hen's area and she pecked it in the head really hard. It seems to be doing okay...poor little thing. Chickens are so mean sometimes!

Ole reliable Mother Clucker should be hatching today... four 50/50 split lavender Americanas from @rainbowchick and then 6 Buff Orp/Leghorn crosses.

My ever patient and wonderful BF helped me expand some fences this weekend to make room for all of these babies!

The broody that hatched on Friday had 5 chicks. One inadvertently slipped through a small hole into the neighboring broody hen's area and she pecked it in the head really hard. It seems to be doing okay...poor little thing. Chickens are so mean sometimes!

Ole reliable Mother Clucker should be hatching today... four 50/50 split lavender Americanas from  @rainbowchick
and then 6 Buff Orp/Leghorn crosses.

My ever patient and wonderful BF helped me expand some fences this weekend to make room for all of these babies!

I hope they hatch well!
My broody I told you about already had two hatch today, even though I had hatch date pegged at Wed/Thur... :)

Hey guys!

I haven't been on here in a while. Hope everyone is doing well and welcome to the new flockers!
The girls are trying to stay cool and still doing great! My neighbor took great care of them while we were at the beach and I didn't worry too much...lol!
My Australorp pullets are growing fast. No more peeping....starting to get their squawking voice now. I'm a little bit worried the one we called Fredrika might be a Fred..... I'll try to post a pic of the pair of them on here so y'all can help me decide. Hopefully she's just "big boned" lol!
Hope y'all have a great week!

Ok.... Approximately 14 week old Australorp. I'm really hoping female. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

These are my 12 week old Cochins. I thought they were pullets but now I'm thinking the blue one is a roo because his wattles are so much more deifined than the mottled. What does everyone think?

Back
Top Bottom