North Carolina

Very nice. And flat. I live on the side of a sloping mtn so things
are getting harder for me as I age. I need to get a bulldozer in here and flatten the area around my home. Think of the future when you put in anything around your. home. Just friendly advice from an oldy.:)

Have you checked out the "No to NC Registration" Facebook page? They've been fighting this and having a lawyer work on their behalf. Apparently, which I still don't agree on because you're right we haven't had an outbreak in our state, is that the order fell under some "emergency" ruling. The state also hasn't designated punishment for non compliance because they are hoping everyone will be "voluntarily compliant"... Which, hate to break it to them, is not the case.

Here's the article showing the attorney's press release:

http://mountainx.com/blogwire/not-everyone-is-happy-about-registering-their-chickens/
Thanks for the info. I'll be checking this and the FB page out as well. This whole thing is a shock to me. I see it as more government intrusion. I think they do not need more things to mess up. I guess next they'll want us to register our vegetable gardens because some may use insecticides. Will we be counting cucumbers and tomatos?

Does anybody know where to find hatching eggs around Fayetteville that isn't on Craigslist? I heard some people have had some luck hatching Trader Joe's fertilized eggs, but there isn't a Trader Joe's around here. Would the farmer's markets have fertilized eggs? I only know of the one by the Reily Rd. gate and on Raeford Rd. just looking to test out an incubator, so breed isn't that important. Thanks!

Kind of new to the forums here. I live in Mooresboro, looking to get set up with my second flock of laying hens. My first flock was a mix RIR, black sex links, and barred rocks. For the next flock, I think I want to stick with all sex links. Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck finding them yet.

Been away for a while... ^^; I hope everyone has been staying cool!

To catch up, here's news from my side of the coop:

I refuse to comply with the NC Ag mandate to register. Not for tinfoil hat reasons, I just feel it is unnecessary overstepping by our elected officials.

Mom is having a bad run with a big BIG black snake! Like, near 8 feet long! It has been stealing eggs all summer, smothered two Brahma pullets trying to eat them, and killed two broody hens (a buff Orpington and a Barred Rock mix) to steal their eggs. It's living in her barn under some split rail fencing, but we haven't been able to get it. We walked up on it once, but it dashed back into it's hidey place before we could do anything.

I ~F I N A L L Y~ found a Salmon Faverolles cockerel chick!!! Maybe by next year I can start breeding them...
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
<<<Praying to the chicken gods that he'll be a decent quality bird when he grows out!

That's about it over here. Hollowoak, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! Sending you warm thoughts and prayers.

Does anybody know where to find hatching eggs around Fayetteville that isn't on Craigslist? I heard some people have had some luck hatching Trader Joe's fertilized eggs, but there isn't a Trader Joe's around here. Would the farmer's markets have fertilized eggs? I only know of the one by the Reily Rd. gate and on Raeford Rd. just looking to test out an incubator, so breed isn't that important. Thanks!

There are several BYC folks in and around the Fayetteville area who have birds
and eggs. The problem is BYC does not allow us to 'advertise' here so you will
have to message anyone you want to ask about eggs.

[COLOR=008000]There are several BYC folks in and around the Fayetteville area who have birds[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]and eggs. The problem is BYC does not allow us to 'advertise' here so you will[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]have to message anyone you want to ask about eggs.[/COLOR]

Thank you! I'll have to look around. I'm having a difficult time navigating the buy/sell/trade section on my phone. Is there a way I can "filter" the results to my area rather than going through pages and pages of sales in different states?

Back
Top Bottom