North Dakota

I got 25 Rhode Island Red girls and 25 Light Brahma boys this year on April 27. Hens are laying an average of 20 eggs a day and the most I got was 22 for five days straight. Still have a few that are just starting, eggs are tiny. I kind of missed the mark for North Dakota, was hoping to have the boys butchered before the snow flew but they weren't ready to butcher, really slow. Hoping they can be butchered before chicks arrive in the spring. They all look beautiful, though I don't think I will get the Rhode Island Reds again, they get bored easy and pick on each other when it gets cold.
wow i get 12 from 8 hens occasionally

12 eggs from 8 hens in one day?

Might I suggest a basic arithmetic class?
lol...i've gone through this with someone else. it doesn't happen often, and I check my coop at 5pm daily .... the next day (probably a month ago) i went to coop again 5pm and there were 12 eggs..i swear, in one day from 8 hens. I feed them all kinds of organic greens, seeds, bamboo leaves, and i feed them their own eggs often, I think that may be the trick ..... i always get 6-8 eggs a day from the 8 however.

lol...i've gone through this with someone else. it doesn't happen often, and I check my coop at 5pm daily .... the next day (probably a month ago) i went to coop again 5pm and there were 12 eggs..i swear, in one day from 8 hens. I feed them all kinds of organic greens, seeds, bamboo leaves, and i feed them their own eggs often, I think that may be the trick ..... i always get 6-8 eggs a day from the 8 however.
Do you feed them a commercially made chicken feed?

Back
Top Bottom