North Dakota

Pics
So Murry McMurray Hatcher disappointed me for the very first time. Back in March we ordered 30 guniea fowl from them and then we got notified that due to less than average hatch rates they would be unable to fill my order. My place is massively over-run with ticks and bugs - i'm looking for anyone in North Dakota that may have some extra adults, keets, or even some fertile hatching eggs. I really don't want to wait until August 19th to order them as day old from another hatchery :-(

Question...do any of you raise guinea fowl? As I said in post above, first big issue I've had with hawks going after my chickens just happened. I just wonder how Guineas would do in the winter. I have a couple options for coops. Nothing great for a heat source, but could insulate better in the one the chickens aren't in. Still irritated the hawk got my daughters favorite chicken :( Too bad they didn't go for the production reds!

Well I have two separate farm steads and the chickens aren't allowed to roam but the problem with guinea fowl wasn't the hawks but the coons. I got wiped out a few years ago when they were only a couple weeks old - darn coons jumped off a tree branch about 3 feet on the roof, managed to get in through a vent - killed all 40 keets, got back up on the roof and either couldn't or wouldn't get down - so they got a shot gun blast.

Hello folks. I moved to ND during the last week from NC, long drive. My hubby has been here for a while and we were finally able to join him.
Does anyone know of a vet in Bismarck or Minot that will see ducks/chickens? Just in case we need one?

Hello folks. I moved to ND during the last week from NC, long drive. My hubby has been here for a while and we were finally able to join him.
Does anyone know of a vet in Bismarck or Minot that will see ducks/chickens? Just in case we need one?
Nope. I don't think there's a single one in ND that will.

I live in North Dakota... yep... people do live here! lol I have started a website for our ranch and for those of you that read my short story experience "the chicken is playing dead... and yes I screamed like a girl" here on Backyard Chickens, I have also started a blog. I have never done anything like this but thought enough funny things happen around here I might as well put them down... lol feel free to look around my site and the blog is called The Funny Farm and is under the tab "on the farm"
the website is www.minihafenranch.com

I truly hope you enjoy it!!

Needing to rehome a silkie rooster. He's been a pet, is healthy and handled easily, partridge colored. Don't want to rehome but we have to since we moved up here so I would like him to go to someone that would keep him with some ladies. Message me if interested, we're near Mercer.

We have four Dominique cockerels that are a couple of weeks old that are available. From show quality stock, sire did well showing. Bred to standard for generations. Located near White Earth/Powers Lake/Tioga/Stanley and can deliver to those towns. FREEE to 4-H or FFA show homes. Else $5 each. This breed is considered dual purpose, but is geared more toward egg production, as cockerels are slow growing(but very tastey!). Excellent flock sire prospects. This line will produce some broody hens, we had two of our eight hens go broody this past summer, for two rounds each. Rose combs do well in winter.

We have four Dominique cockerels that are a couple of weeks old that are available. From show quality stock, sire did well showing. Bred to standard for generations. Located near White Earth/Powers Lake/Tioga/Stanley and can deliver to those towns. FREEE to 4-H or FFA show homes. Else $5 each. This breed is considered dual purpose, but is geared more toward egg production, as cockerels are slow growing(but very tastey!). Excellent flock sire prospects. This line will produce some broody hens, we had two of our eight hens go broody this past summer, for two rounds each. Rose combs do well in winter.
Do you have any photos?

Back
Top Bottom