th.gif
th.gif
th.gif

P O O P S is on may 14
th.gif

I've gotta ask, what is P O O P S? I give up on the date
th.gif

muesky wrote:

So has date been set for POOPS? What can I do to help? Holy crap I am so excited about POOPS, I just can't wait.... Are we still planning to have it at the KOA campground? That seems to be a pretty good place for everyone. Of course I am partial to it since it is only 30 minutes from my house. I am probably going to take that Friday off so I can hang out with everyone Friday night.

Guess I better get ready for bed, have to get up early. Everyone have a good night!
al6517 wrote:

******************************** POOPS Information post **************************

Just a short post to keep everybody informed on what's the Latest information on our annual POOPS event.

Over the past three years our annual POOPS event has been held in the early spring at the KOA campgrounds in OKC. Due to some complications with the scheduling at KOA and all of the things they have planned at that time they have informed us regretably that they would not be able to accomodate us this year in their schedule. Monty & Myself have been working for the past 2 months on an alternative plan B regarding a venue, we have explored many avenues and site's and we feel we have found the best place and date that will best fit our needs as a group and all of our activities we normally have planned.

This years annual POOPS event will be held on Saturday, May 14th, at the Fletcher AG grounds, to many of you this is the site of the Fletcher poultry auction. It is located in downtown Fletcher Ok. The site offers us many things we required, for instance..........
Several enclosed area's for inclement weather protection, a great area for dining, clean bathrooms, plenty of electricity, and a huge covered area to host all of our poultry needs. We still have allot of details to work out and more detailed information will be posted in the Official POOPS announcement that will be coming out very soon, we ask that you be a little patient as we work on this and I promise it won't be too long before we have most of it going full steam ahead as is our tradition.
On behalf of the POOPS staff we thank you for your patients.​

Steph,

I think the 14th sounds perfect. If I'm free, I'll be there for sure. You can't accommodate everyone's schedules, and even if I can't be there, it sounds like lots of folks can, and it doesn't interfere with other events in the the region, and is nicely spaced from Lovin's event in June.

It's kind of you to host us again, and I'm sure whoever can make it will have a GREAT time. I hope I'm one of them!

Bummer.
sad.png
Can't make the 14th. DS is making his Confirmation. Hope everyone has an awesome time. I'll keep looking in case anything changes.

Quote:
No, not dumb, sounded weird before I went to one too. There will be all sorts of people showing up to buy, sell, trade, swap stories and info, and just hang out with a like minded crowd. There will be some good food provided, but feel free to bring a dish or dessert to put out on the table. There will be breeders there that will have lots of birds and chicks to choose from. We are hatching just for this one and Lovinstock and will have started birds and chicks. Last year there were some crafty things, and people selling garden plants and flowers as well. There is an egg auction where people donate fertile eggs that are auctioned off. There is a bid sheet that people write bids on throughout the day, the highest bid gets them at the end of the day, and the money from that helps to offset the hosts cost. Companies and individuals also donate all sorts of items for a raffle. Tickets are sold during the day and the items are then raffled off at the end. If you have something to sell, bring it. If you are coming out of state and are bringing birds, make sure you are either NPIP or have the birds blood tested before coming.
Plan to come and hang out. Once you get some of these people talking they can talk your ear off. There are newbies and veterans alike and it is a good time for all. The hosts have a beautiful piece of property and a very ideal setup for doing this.

Back
Top Bottom