North Idaho / Eastern Washington

We're doing good here. Have 2 Barnevelder youngin's that broke their leg!! One is obvious break, hanging loose, had to splint and wrap it. Other one I can't feel a break, but is having issues supporting itself. Almost like a dislocated hip. Don't know what to do with them, we want to give them every chance to heal and get better, but at what point do you just give up? So hard to decide.

Other than that, no real updates here, other than overhearing the neighbors ***** about our geese. Fun times, fun times. They live in the country, what noises were they expecting?! And the geese only honk for 3 reasons: either myself or my husband go out the back door (Humans! Treats!!), The wind picks up and they can actually leave the ground when they try to fly, or if there is a suspicious person/animal/plane in the sky. They don't do it all day, but they neighbors notice because they're home when we're home and we're outside when we're home (go figure). She was even kicking up a fit about their across the street neighbor working with their horse kicking up a lot of dust. Some people...
What a bunch of turds. Maybe they have nothing better to do than complain.

I am sorry Fire dragon, but I feel you! I just gave up all my roosters because my neighbor complained.
hit.gif

@firedragon1982 hi, i am sad for your chicks w/t broken leg.. i know how you feel when you say, "when is enough help for them" i just put down a few day old chick that was not thriving. i even fed her w/a syringe and she was pooping, so i know she was getting nurishment; something was wrong w/her inside... i cried and burried her in my garden. it is so funny how i can cull an animal to eat but putting down a helpless, sick baby just breakes my heart...???

Last edited:
A friend got hit by a coyote and is looking for lavender orpingtons or royal palm turkeys Straight run chicks, Eggs, or Pullets/hens. She's already lined up a rooster. Please PM me or text me if you've got my number.
Hi, i have lavenders, but they are only 4mo right now. will be a little while.

We're officially looking for a new piece of property. We've seen a few promising pieces, but so many places have HOAs or CCRs, even out in the county. But, it will be worth it if we can find a great place and quadruple or more our acreage.
Exciting... where are you looking? what are you looking for? just curious. good hunting.

Exciting... where are you looking? what are you looking for? just curious. good hunting.

I think we found the property we want. Hopefully, we can get our place sold, so we can put in an offer. My husband had just 2 requirements, must be in county and he must be able to have a shooting range. My requirements were simple, as much acreage as possible and everything else is a bonus. The place we hope to buy backs up to state land and is 20 acres. It has a stream, decent forest, and is near the end of the road, so good privacy. And the one neighbor who matters (the owner of the property we want to buy), has already stated he doesn't care if we shoot guns as long as it's done safely. We plan to pick up a trailer (Winnebago style) to live in until our house gets built, too.

No, the water goes on top of the hutch roof and some sprays the ground around it. You're just using the evaporation to cool off the area and create a breeze/air movement. If you get animals wet when it's hot, they can actually overheat. The water holds the heat against their skin, instead of it flowing through the fur.
my dh just finished building 4 large rabbit hutches, they are so beautiful, i almost hate to put the rabbits in them, cuz they will make them dirty... tee heel. anyway, where they are located is in our lean to and there is not a lot of air flow directly on them. this is good for the winter months, but now for the summer months. i have been freezing water bottles and hanging them on the outside of the cages, they really like them.
what do you feed your rabbits? i have been gathering lots of leaves, branches, etc.
take care

I think we found the property we want. Hopefully, we can get our place sold, so we can put in an offer. My husband had just 2 requirements, must be in county and he must be able to have a shooting range. My requirements were simple, as much acreage as possible and everything else is a bonus. The place we hope to buy backs up to state land and is 20 acres. It has a stream, decent forest, and is near the end of the road, so good privacy. And the one neighbor who matters (the owner of the property we want to buy), has already stated he doesn't care if we shoot guns as long as it's done safely. We plan to pick up a trailer (Winnebago style) to live in until our house gets built, too.
this sounds perfect. our property ends and Bennet Lumber Co and Stimpson Lumber Co's begin, to the north & east of us; they loged the mountain last summer/fall, but it was not a ton of lumber and didnt bother us too much. we are 4 miles off hwy 95. our cars are always filthy, (dirt roads) but that is a small price to pay for privacy, beauty & property. we have (3) great neighbors, we are blessed. i pray your dreams & desires all work out.

Last edited:
my dh just finished building 4 large rabbit hutches, they are so beautiful, i almost hate to put the rabbits in them, cuz they will make them dirty... tee heel. anyway, where they are located is in our lean to and there is not a lot of air flow directly on them. this is good for the winter months, but now for the summer months. i have been freezing water bottles and hanging them on the outside of the cages, they really like them.
what do you feed your rabbits? i have been gathering lots of leaves, branches, etc.
take care

Mine get free feed hay and corn free pellets from TSC. Unfortunately, I don't have the time and energy to make a balanced diet for them from forage and fodder.

this sounds perfect. our property ends and Bennet Lumber Co and Stimpson Lumber Co's begin, to the north & east of us; they loged the mountain last summer/fall, but it was not a ton of lumber and didnt bother us too much. we are 4 miles off hwy 95. our cars are always filthy, (dirt roads) but that is a small price to pay for privacy, beauty & property. we have (3) great neighbors, we are blessed. i pray your dreams & desires all work out.

We looked down in Benewah (I'm assuming that's where you are), but it was just too far for my husband to drive everyday for work, so this place is actually out by Wolf Lodge.

Mine get free feed hay and corn free pellets from TSC. Unfortunately, I don't have the time and energy to make a balanced diet for them from forage and fodder.
We looked down in Benewah (I'm assuming that's where you are), but it was just too far for my husband to drive everyday for work, so this place is actually out by Wolf Lodge.
nice. it is beautiful all around us, you cant go wrong anywhere, just some neighbors can be tough to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom