North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Pics
OK...I know it isn't a chicken or a duck or any other kind of bird...But I couldn't resist sharing a picture of the newest member of the family! Here's puppy Skye, my 9 week old Doberman Puppy! She's a real Sweet heart!

Picked up a barnevelder rooster today from @bjedlicka and came home to my new incubator :)

MORE DUCKLINGS!

5 "Somethings"

1 Buff Duck

1 Pekin

1 Blue Swedish

1 Black Swedish

4 Khaki Campbells

They're really sweet and -of course- really messy! All are supposedly girls...let's keep our fingers crossed!
fl.gif

I forgot to mention that I had no brooder at this time...so the bathtub was lined with a tarp and filled with bedding. Thankfully we have another shower...

Last edited:
I am super excited!!! I just had my best hatch ever from shipped eggs. Out of 18 Silkied Ameracauna eggs sent to me from California, 17 made it to lock down with only one clear. So far 16 have hatched and I am not holding my breath on the last one. I do not do math so I have no idea what the hatch rate is, except AMAZING!!! They are many different colors so I have no idea what they will look like. I will get in touch with the breeder tonight to see what she has. Here are some pics take thru the clear plastic tote they are in right now. I am a firm believer in "what goes around, comes around." This was the benefit auction for the family in need, I paid a large amount of money as a donation for these eggs, and my "reward" is a great hatch!

My DH and I hunt the Bonners Ferry area. It's beautiful up there.
We just got home from a fishing trip on the ocean. We caught some salmon and bottom fish, but it's good to be home. Ha.... a man caught a 32 pound Chinook in CdA lake. Tell me why we drove 1100 miles to catch a 10 pound chinook?? Crazy.
what do you hunt? elk, deer, bear, moose? i got my first deer just over our property fence line, we didnt have to go far. i love fishing and i love to eat salmon, that is my favorite meal. you went that far to fish cuz it was a vacation and cuz it was fun & beautiful & exciting, and, and, etc. i miss the ocean. i thanked my dh tonight for what he does for us and i thanked God for my eyes so i could see this beautiful land around me. the sunset was amazing tonight. did you take any pics of your fish? would love to see them.
i caught this chinook in Tillamook oregon about 4 yrs ago
i caught this Wild Steelhead in Riggins, ID. i was in a womens fishing derby. i had to put these 2 wild fish back. but it sure was fun reeling them in...
Sorry everyone, i know this is a chicken site... just wanted to share my fish pics.
Blessings to all.

Back
Top Bottom