North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Pics
Hello All,
Very nice to find this thread. You are right about it being slow. I read the entire thread! But, maybe we can pick it up. It's nice to know some folks that are nearby, and that some are as nutty as I by bringing them in the living room so they'll grow up friendly. (But truly it's more because they are so darned cute I can't keep my hands off them.)

I live in Newman Lake on a 5 acre farm we bought last year. I see from previous posts, I am not the only one that succumbs to "chicken math". Lololol. I have plenty of hens and eggs, but, "Ooh, that one's so pretty. I can add just one more," which turns out to be like 8 more.

I have a variety of 6 week old Ameraucana's, (not E.E.'s) I am currently raising. (I bought/hatched the eggs.) I won't know till likely the end of summer which ones are for certain roosters, but if anyone out there wants/needs a lovely Am. roo for their ladies let me know. Very reasonable price.

I thought I would send them to my freezer, but now I look at how lovely they are and the good breeding they came from and I can't. Last year was my first year and I started with all girls. This is my first year raising up boy chicks, and well, if somebody has a good use for them rather than food, I'd rather they go that route. So off to a good home anyone?

I also have 3 full breed welsummer roosters from my own flock. They will be handsome fellows like their father. Those could go now if anyone wants one since they are clearly not going to lay eggs this fall. There's no mistaking wellsummers.

There's my more than two cents. Enjoy the fantastic weather headed our way.

I know. I feel like you must think I'm some kind of creeper, showing up on the same threads. "Where is that Pips and Peeps. I must find her. Then I will take over the world. Bwahahahaha."

I was hoping a newly broody hen would want to adopt the little Buff Am. I got from you the other day, but nope. She didn't peck her but she didn't pay her any attention either. Just hunkered down in the brooder on her imaginary eggs. Now she's in the klink to break her of broodiness, poor girl.

Been harvesting my cabbage and making a lot of sauerkraut. I still have the Ameraucana roosters for anybody that wants them. One is wheaten and is dandy looking. Filling in with lovely colors. The other two are big fellows. A black and a black Lavendar split and I don't know which is which. They look identical. They have nice plumage and really green sheen coming on. I do wish more local folks shared on this site.

Hi Everyone, I live in Athol, Idaho, and raise heritage breed chickens; Silver Grey Dorkings and Heritage breed turkeys; White Holland & Narragansett.

Nancy

Hi Everyone, I live in Athol, Idaho, and raise heritage breed chickens; Silver Grey Dorkings and Heritage breed turkeys; White Holland & Narragansett.

Nancy

Hayden Idaho here. Just 7 hens for us.

Back
Top Bottom