North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Pics
Hey, I'm looking to rehome a Blue Laced Red Black Wyandotte cockerel'
He is a beautiful bird located in North Idaho originally out of Foley lines, bred by Chickenhill Farms. Good temperament and not an all day crower.
smile.png
Free, of course, to a good home. Pictures don't do him justice. He's big and about 6 months old.

Hello!

I finally found the thread for this area, it only took me months to get the hang of this website and track down the thread I wanted.
clap.gif

I live outside Coeur d'Alene, and I am so happy to find people who can talk chicken with me. In May my wonderful husband took me to Big R to purchase chicks. I planned on 3 EE's and 2 of another breed, which I would determine once I was at the store. I ended up getting Partridge Rocks and had to get 4 EE's because I would have left one chick in an aquarium all by her lonesome. ...Since then chicken math has struck twice, my boss gave me 4 culls from her flock. Funny thing, one has not started laying, and the other 3 lay almost EVERY SINGLE DAY. The second installment of pullets was a Craigslist find. When I went to buy them, I could see they had Scaly Leg Mites, so I have been treating them, and with good results.

I think every day I see another breed that I want... Sigh.
roll.png

Oh yes, Scramble55 you found me and welcomed me on another thready, but I am glad to find out you live in my neck of the woods! Yay!!!

Hi all, I live in Athol Idaho. I raise Silver Gray Dorking heritage chickens and just started raising heritage White Holland Turkey and Naragansett Turkeys. My turkeys haven't started laying yet, hopefully in a month.

I do have a young breeding pair of Blue Silkies, but she hasn't started laying eggs yet. I plan to sell SG Dorking and Silkie chicks when I have them and also turkey poults
Hello Nan,

Athol is so close to Coeur d'Alene and I have been dreaming about Silver Gray Dorkings for months. I started reading about them and just thought they sounded like the coolest bird. I am interested in a couple for the spring, if any are available. All of your breeds sound like you researched them well and chose them for their special qualities. I hope to hear from you again!

Hello Nan,

Athol is so close to Coeur d'Alene and I have been dreaming about Silver Gray Dorkings for months. I started reading about them and just thought they sounded like the coolest bird. I am interested in a couple for the spring, if any are available. All of your breeds sound like you researched them well and chose them for their special qualities. I hope to hear from you again!
Hi Darina,

I sent you an email. I love Silver Grey Dorkings. The hens look like proper country hens and the cockerels look like they're wearing black business suits. They are absolutely beautiful. Right now I have about 15 cockerels hatched last year that I have allowed to free range, so the "boys" have been all over the pastures. With the snow, however, they tend to stay in thier coop.

Anyways, like I said in my email, hatching has begun! Let me know when you are ready and I should have availability.

Nancy

I can't stop thinking about chicks, the sickness has set in early! How can everyone else remain so calm?

Back
Top Bottom