North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Pics
Did you send the baby for a necropsy? Keep a close eye on your other birds. Temp spikes suck, I hope your eggs are okay. I have six EE chicks that I need to sell but they're so cute I want to keep them too. I had to bring one of my birds to the vet. He is on antibiotics for a sinus infection from debris getting stuck up there.
Poor guy :( I didn't send the baby off to have her checked. I read up on what it could have been and its hard to narrow it down. She was one that was attacked by my older birds so she did have a head injury. I read that it could be encephalitis or a virus (possibly Marek's). Not sure but she went downhill fast. I am keeping an eye on the other babies, not sure what the incubation period is for Marek's but the rest of them are still very alert. They haven't been outside at all but I do clean my coop on a regular basis and something could have come in by air. My babies haven't been vaccinated nor are they on medicated feed but I do put vitamins and probiotics in their water from birth. Not sure if I should switch to medicated or not? It sucks though because she was one of my brahmas and now I'm down to 3. Just hope and pray that they don't get sick. Thanks for listening :)

Poor guy :(  I didn't send the baby off to have her checked.  I read up on what it could have been and its hard to narrow it down.  She was one that was attacked by my older birds so she did have a head injury.  I read that it could be encephalitis or a virus (possibly Marek's).  Not sure but she went downhill fast.  I am keeping an eye on the other babies, not sure what the incubation period is for Marek's but the rest of them are still very alert.  They haven't been outside at all but I do clean my coop on a regular basis and something could have come in by air.  My babies haven't been vaccinated nor are they on medicated feed but I do put vitamins and probiotics in their water from birth.  Not sure if I should switch to medicated or not?  It sucks though because she was one of my brahmas and now I'm down to 3.  Just hope and pray that they don't get sick.  Thanks for listening :)

Hopefully it is not Merak's, its incubation period can be pretty long. Medicated feed won't help with any virus, just cocci. I hope all your babies are fine though. Could've been any number of things.

I too am in want of 6 Cuckoo Marans, if we can find a few more people we can probably group an order together. I was thinking of ordering through efowl.com they have a 25 chick minimum right now.

Hi, I am interested in ordering with you. Thanks
Oh, efowl, I will check their site. Have you ordered from them before? Have you ordered from any other hatchery?

Last edited:
Hi, I am interested in ordering with you. Thanks
Oh, efowl, I will check their site. Have you ordered from them before? Have you ordered from any other hatchery?

I've never ordered from them before, I ordered chicks through the Rathdrum feed store once, they got them from a hatchery in NM. The user @Chickielady was saying she had chicks or eggs but I haven't heard from her again. What kind of chickens are you wanting to order?

I've never ordered from them before, I ordered chicks through the Rathdrum feed store once, they got them from a hatchery in NM. The user @Chickielady was saying she had chicks or eggs but I haven't heard from her again. What kind of chickens are you wanting to order?

Hi Saris, I am interested in the Light Brahma, Delaware, & Salmon Faverolle. I would order 2 of ea.
Is anyone else interested in joining in with us?

Hey there I'm Goofy I live In Davenport, WA and I am planning on getting chicks in the spring. Does anyone know of any Barred Plymouth Rock breeders near Davenport or near Spokane, Deep Creek, Or even the Tri-Cities? Thanks Ya'll and please acknowledge that this is important and I don't want it to be ignored. (Btw I cant do hatcheries because of their minimum numbers and because of the stress of being shipped.)
-Goofy

Back
Top Bottom