North Idaho / Eastern Washington

@country lovin Hi i was just thinking about your ducks and i am wondering what sex you had. was one ad drake and one a duck? if so, maybe she went in search of a nesting spot and he followed her? just an idea. maybe they will be back w/ducklings waddling behind them??
we had one boy and one girl. My husband found some feathers while mowing the back 40 this weekend, we also saw a bald eagle flying around lately so we are think him or the barn owl. We are super sad cuz we were holding out hope they would return. It is just wierd that both are gone.

Ok, so when these two (white and red) were chicks, I asked if any one here knew what breed they were. I'm now curious if you could tell a little better because they're older. They were "supposed" to be cochins. I have a cochin and I now know they are definitely NOT. They may just be a backyard mix, but I highly doubt it. Because they were purchased from a hatchery. Maybe just the wrong type of chick? Any ideas?

I would love to get together again. I remember someone mentioning the 30th. Does that still work?

Ok, so when these two (white and red) were chicks, I asked if any one here knew what breed they were. I'm now curious if you could tell a little better because they're older. They were "supposed" to be cochins. I have a cochin and I now know they are definitely NOT. They may just be a backyard mix, but I highly doubt it. Because they were purchased from a hatchery. Maybe just the wrong type of chick? Any ideas?

I would love to get together again. I remember someone mentioning the 30th. Does that still work?

Looks like 2 roos and a pullet. You gold laced one also has the wrong comb for a wyandotte if you were planning on breeding him.

The 30th or the 1st may work best for me. not 100% certain yet.

Where should we meet this time? A park seems like it would be cool, especially if people have little kids they may have to bring.

@firedragon1982
Here are the chicks close up. They posed weird cuz I just put them on the coop roof.

This one has a cute stripe across the head.

Back
Top Bottom