North Idaho / Eastern Washington

What is your "morning"? July 9th or 10th sounds good for me. Don't know where though, do we want food, coffee? Or just a park or something?

Morning means before 1pm.. I just had a suggestion by @bjedlicka of a potluck in a park.. I like that idea![/QUOTE]
Awesome! A potluck sounds fun!

So the above eggs 6 are still in play, 3 were duds 3 got ate...
so I called the lady I got the eggs from, she didn't have any for me because she sold them to an organic store 45 min. from my house, I ran up to the store, they let me shift through the eggs, (mostly BCM, blue isbar, and SFH eggs) I grabbed all the BCM that she said would be fertile, 5 SFH eggs, one blue isbar egg (upper right) lower right are some eggs from my coop, 2 olive eggers (with BI mix)and the one with a 14 on it is a australorp/blue isbar/LO. they are due 14/or 15th next month.

Last edited:
Concerning our get together, I LOVE the potluck idea. I think it sounds really lovely. I am available most any date.

An update on what's up, I recently posted pictures of my 13 ducklings. All are still doing well, seemingly very healthy! All are pretend quacking, so, HOPEFULLY they are females!
fl.gif
We are currently excavating a large pond for them, (expanding their old one really...) It's been a big project but nearly finished.

I have 4 or 5 drakes that need to be rehomed. They are friendly and look very nice. But...they can go as a meal if need be. I just can't...

My first batch of chicks are nearly chickens! I have one boy that needs to go as well, He's the one I posted a picture of recently. He's friendly enough, I just have a few too many roos. If any one has any bantie pullets, I may be interested in fixing my ratio that way.

Last but not least...I'm getting a puppy! I know it's not chicken related but I was really excited and wanted to share the news!
Thank you much! Lanae-

I am seriously thinking of giving up this idea of being a breeder. I just lost my back up Bielefelder rooster and a Silver Double Laced Barnvelder cockerel. Both were pretty expensive. I seem to have something in my brooder coop that is killing them one at a time. I know some have a respiratory thing and I have been medicating with Oxytetracycline in their water. I don't think it's working. I just purchased more Ameracauna eggs and if they hatch will probably have chicks for sale. None of the chicks that hatch from now on are going into that coop until I have a chance to clean it out with Oxine. I will have another necropsy done when the next one goes.

I am seriously thinking of giving up this idea of being a breeder. I just lost my back up Bielefelder rooster and a Silver Double Laced Barnvelder cockerel. Both were pretty expensive. I seem to have something in my brooder coop that is killing them one at a time. I know some have a respiratory thing and I have been medicating with Oxytetracycline in their water. I don't think it's working. I just purchased more Ameracauna eggs and if they hatch will probably have chicks for sale. None of the chicks that hatch from now on are going into that coop until I have a chance to clean it out with Oxine. I will have another necropsy done when the next one goes.
Well, you know I have a Biele or two to spare, they're about 5 months old now. I'm sorry you lost your chickies.
hugs.gif

Last edited:

I'm so sorry. Have you tried oxine in a fogger?Here's an informative article on how to do it: http://www.shagbarkbantams.com/oxine.htm
I use it in our waterer and as a cleaner but you can fog coops and critters to help with illnesses. Hope this helps!!

Last edited:
Are these birds chicks or bigger? Is this only effecting males?

The birds I've lost are not chicks. They range in age and are both male and female. I have lost count on number of expensive birds I have lost since Feb. I ordered Oxine from Amazon and will wash the coop with it, and look for an affordable fogger. I also ordered Tylan 50 and will give shots of that to the ones showing symptoms. But it seems to be too late by that time.

The birds I've lost are not chicks. They range in age and are both male and female. I have lost count on number of expensive birds I have lost since Feb. I ordered Oxine from Amazon and will wash the coop with it, and look for an affordable fogger. I also ordered Tylan 50 and will give shots of that to the ones showing symptoms. But it seems to be too late by that time.
Darn! Is your whole flock infected/affected?

Back
Top Bottom