North Idaho / Eastern Washington

I am happy to announce that my Bielefelder breeding pair (maybe trio , not sure if the other pullet is laying yet) has produced their first off spring! Just hatched two pullets!! There are two more sets of eggs in the bator, due in the next two weeks consecutively. This news is bitter sweet of course with the recent Mareks diagnosis. These Bieles have made it through so far, so I am hoping the babies will be resistant. That is my goal going forward, is to build a resistant flock. I have Isbar the same age that have survived also. I hatched four eggs from them too. Only time will tell if the babies will make it. Sad but necessary.
Yay!!! I hope you post pics of them. They were the snuggliest babies I've ever had.

I am happy to announce that my Bielefelder breeding pair (maybe trio , not sure if the other pullet is laying yet) has produced their first off spring! Just hatched two pullets!! There are two more sets of eggs in the bator, due in the next two weeks consecutively. This news is bitter sweet of course with the recent Mareks diagnosis. These Bieles have made it through so far, so I am hoping the babies will be resistant. That is my goal going forward, is to build a resistant flock. I have Isbar the same age that have survived also. I hatched four eggs from them too. Only time will tell if the babies will make it. Sad but necessary.
I'm glad you are pushing forward! Congratulations on your chicks!

Sort of bird related, but does anyone know of someone who breeds St. Bernards, Newfoundland or Bernese Mountain Dogs? I'm starting my search for a puppy that can come live on our 5 acres. I have experience with large dogs (Great Danes) and am looking for a companion who can live harmoniously with our livestock, but won't bark lots and lots, like most LGDs.

Have ya'll read this article?? it is helpful.
I am under the impression that we can not do much about our flocks getting MD, HVT, or DVE. we can keep our coops clean however and keep our young birds seperated and in an enclosed coop so the wind does not blow dander towards them??? it really seems that these viruses are all around us.
http://www.shagbarkbantams.com/page9.htm

Have ya'll read this article?? it is helpful.
I am under the impression that we can not do much about our flocks getting MD, HVT, or DVE. we can keep our coops clean however and keep our young birds seperated and in an enclosed coop so the wind does not blow dander towards them??? it really seems that these viruses are all around us.
http://www.shagbarkbantams.com/page9.htm

Good article! Something to try while I am fighting this. I have started calling my brooder/ grow out coop the "coop of death"

I will get the hubby to build me a new coop on the other side of the house for babies up to 5 months old. I have decided to do very small hatches to have enough room for this.

Hi,
I'm a dane person, myself, but if you are sure you don't wan't another, then you might try English Mastiffs. They were originally guardian dogs and there is a good breeder outside Kettle Falls, north of Colville in northeastern Washington. I'm pretty sure you can contact them by getting in touch with any mastiff web site or the Kettle Falls Chamber.. Hope this gives you another option for a great type of puppy pretty close to home.

Hi,
I'm a dane person, myself, but if you are sure you don't wan't another, then you might try English Mastiffs.  They were originally guardian dogs and there is a good breeder outside Kettle Falls, north of Colville in northeastern Washington. I'm pretty sure you can contact them by getting in touch with any mastiff web site or the Kettle Falls Chamber..  Hope this gives you another option for a great type of puppy pretty close to home.

We want a longer haired dog which can live outdoors in the winter, with proper shelter, of course. So, even though I love Danes and Mastiffs, we had to cross both off our list. Unfortunately, my husband is allergic to dogs, but as I am home all day, I can spend plenty of time outside with our dog.

Sort of bird related, but does anyone know of someone who breeds St. Bernards, Newfoundland or Bernese Mountain Dogs? I'm starting my search for a puppy that can come live on our 5 acres. I have experience with large dogs (Great Danes) and am looking for a companion who can live harmoniously with our livestock, but won't bark lots and lots, like most LGDs.

Sounds like fun! I have a long list of good, reputable, breeders for all types of dogs... if you give me a day I can get a good list together for you. Are you open to other breeds, as long as they can be outside?

Good article! Something to try while I am fighting this. I have started calling my brooder/ grow out coop the "coop of death"

I will get the hubby to build me a new coop on the other side of the house for babies up to 5 months old. I have decided to do very small hatches to have enough room for this.
Good idea. I ment to ask are you NPIP certified?

Back
Top Bottom