North Idaho / Eastern Washington

So either during the day, or early evening hours before we got home, we had our first 4 legged predator attack. We're thinking coyotes b/c they took 1 goose and 2 ducks with them. And the scat was looser than a domesticated dog. Rather upset about it, because it was my buff Pomeranian goose, hadn't even started laying yet. They just walked right over our fence because of all the drifted snow. Only had to worry about hawks up to this point. Now I'm paranoid about leaving the ducks and geese out during the day when we're working. They can't stay in their coop all day long. Ugh this stinks.

So sorry
1f622.png

My incubator is working great, some eggs I put in earlier (my eggs)were not fertile as I suspected..., but I got some from a neighbor who had fertile eggs, on day 5. .....11/12 have spider/veins.

I went and got another dz. from a local vet who sells them for eating, I hope they are fertile... we will see more to test.

My incubator is working great, some eggs I put in earlier (my eggs)were not fertile as I suspected..., but I got some from a neighbor who had fertile eggs, on day 5. .....11/12 have spider/veins.

I went and got another dz. from a local vet who sells them for eating, I hope they are fertile... we will see more to test. 

Hope it goes well
1f60a.png

Here are 2 that I just hatched.

Hello!! Super cute!

I have my first eggs of the year in the bator. I gave the hubby the sad puppy dog eyes when some SQ Serama eggs came up for Sale on a FB page. He caved!! They are due Feb 9th.. :p

Hope everyone is doing good. I do get to see posts and talk to some of you on FB. I am hoping to have some fun projects going this spring. I am purchasing a small Svart Hona flock and will be doing some X's with that rooster and an extra Cemani boy. Plus the Silkied Am's project. I am also hoping to make/save some money for a beautiful chicken created by a breeder in Louisiana (Gold Feather Farms) he has named a "Mosaic" . I have also added Red Bourbon Turkeys to my flock. If I can talk my hubby into it I would like to get Sebastopol geese from pips&peeps. And maybe some Cayuga ducks.. I've gone bird crazy! Lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom