North to Alaska!

That's to bad as I would rather buy from a breeder vs. a hatchery! If my hubby would let me then I would get a roo and do it myself.
sad.png

Just saying "Hi" from Sitka!   I'm almost done building my coop and run... have ordered my chicks... and need to order feed.  Any recommendations for brands and/or sources?

Sorry, I buy Alaska Feed, I think it is made in Anchorage, or the Matsu valley. But the local grocery store carries it, I don't have to order.

Congrats!

My white leghorns lay very close to every single day. With five hens, I almost always get five eggs, rarely four, but NEVER less than four. Most productive breed I have ever owned!

I have never had black stars, but it will be fun to have two of each.

I'm getting 18 from Meyers on Tuesday or Wednesday. They brood inside for a bit then to the garage. By May they are ready to go outside. Seems to work fine here in the valley.

I'll be coming back to Alaska in a few weeks and was wondering if any fellow Alaskans are interested in Blue Copper/Splash Marans hatching eggs?

I have pictures in the for sale section if you're interested in viewing. Thanks!

Try asking on these two facebook pages, they both have lots of traffic.

Alaska Flock talk and swap

Alaska Farm and food

Back
Top Bottom