Norwegian Jaerhon

Pics
Does anyone have hatching eggs from Sandhill stock they would like to trade for eggs from 6th generation Ideal. stock? Would like to add some genetic diversity to my flock.

I have 2 Jaer hens from sandhill but only have black penedesenca roosters.
The rooster sons from that cross are beautiful.

I sold my sandhill Jaer roos to a friend with a couple Jaer pullets. I'll see if he still has them together.

Hi, we had a pair of Norwegian Jaerhons that we were going to use for our daughter's 4-H project but yesterday our hen died (we're not sure what happened yet, all our other chickens are fine so far). We are looking or a hen to replace her that was hatched this spring. Would anyone have a young hen (or two) for sale?

Thanks, Christa

That's terrible, Christa!
sad.png
I had one of my hens die like that unexpectedly. I think she ran into the wall and snapped her neck. Where are you located?

OK So I'm totally sold on Jaerhons!!! Small bodies, big eggs, beautiful and non-flighty birds? Yes please!! Only problem: IDEAL is the only place I know of where I can buy chicks and they're sold out till 2013
barnie.gif

I just got a dozen production reds and Easter eggers from them so it sucks I can't get a some of these gals from them! Congrats to the other folks in this thread who managed to get some in April, guess they're really popular now! Anyone know of another hatchery that ships Jaerhons? Small orders though, like a dozen or so. It only took a day for my IDEAL shipment to get from Texas to here (Mississippi). If no other place ships chicks, anyone know a hatchery/breeder that ships pullets? Thanks and I can't wait to get a few of these beauties!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom