Norwegian Jaerhon

Here are my new babies. I love their color but they both look the same to me.
17106_norwegian_jaerhon_1.jpg

17106_norwegian_jaerhon_2.jpg

Thank you for the link. That was a good read anyway. I did not know they were such good layers. I still would like to know if anyone knows whether I have hens or roosters. I would imagine I have the dark variety from the looks of the chicks.

Yes, those are the dark variety, and you have 2 girls. I'm so glad they hatched for you. Hopefully you'll get a little boy to go with them.
big_smile.png

My chicks are doing quite well and I am getting more eggs from Amyable. I am hoping to get at least a few more chicks. Can't wait to see how they look grown!

Here are the pictures of my Jaerhons! I am super happy with them. I got them in March and they have been laying now for a couple weeks. The eggs are getting bigger and are truly the size of a normal store large egg and they are mostly a lovely pinkish color. I get 8 to 10 eggs a day (in the nest boxes) out of my 12 hens. They do not use the coop
sad.png
for anything but laying eggs and grabbing a bite to eat. SO I do believe there must be eggs somewhere else on the property. They are great fun. I the one pic I took my smartest little hen is sitting on my shoulder. I just happened to have the camera with me the first time she did it. Bad pic of me, good pic of chicken. But now she does it every morning when I feed. She seems to know that she won't get trampled by the rest of the poultry and the sheep as they follow me out to the coop. So she just rides along, so fun because they are not very tame but I don't usually stress 'tameness'.

78476_220.jpg

78476_017.jpg

78476_116.jpg

78476_142.jpg

Back
Top Bottom