Not Sure if You've Got a Pullet or a Cockerel? Click here! thread 3

Pics

Not sure how old it is but does anyone know the breed or gender of this chick? I'm thinking pullet.

Is the Brown Pullet actually a Cockerel?
I know Isa Brown Pullets are sexlinked but I am wondering if maybe this is not an Isa Brown after all. After all, TSC gave me what they said were Black sexlink Pullets and all four were roosters so now I am very suspect. She is behaving very very Roosterish

I have a 5 week old BR I'm wondering about. his comb is the same color but a little taller than my other birds his age. also the rest are fully feathered while he still has bare patches. any comments are appreciated. thanks!

Hey! Beautiful little thing! Based on the fact that I have a 5 week old Scots Grey Hybrid that looks exactly like this, I'm gonna say it's a pullet ^_^

Okay, here are some current pictures. I'm pretty sure these 3 month old Black Copper Marans are cockerels, kept hoping they weren't, but I'm giving one away tomorrow to someone who needs a rooster so want to be absolutely sure. They have not crowed or shown any roosterish behavior like chest bumping. Please someone help!

They have the 'copper' red just starting to come in on their shoulders. Females do not ever have that.

Is the Brown Pullet actually a Cockerel?
I know Isa Brown Pullets are sexlinked but I am wondering if maybe this is not an Isa Brown after all. After all, TSC gave me what they said were Black sexlink Pullets and all four were roosters so now I am very suspect. She is behaving very very Roosterish

TSC source from hatcheries. Hatcheries understand sexlinking genetics, so you can be certain that their red sexlinks are first generation and not just mixed breeds. ISA Browns are a type of red sexlink. That bird is a red sexlink pullet. She is likely your dominant hen.

Thanks, I agree. They are the only two BCMs that hatched out of the dozen I incubated; now I have to find some pullets! They are the most mild-mannered cockerels I've ever had.

Thank you so much...and she is quite dominant! I love her! She is spunky! Thank you for responding.....now....about my Buff Orpingtons LOL....

Thank you so much...and she is quite dominant! I love her! She is spunky! Thank you for responding.....now....about my Buff Orpingtons LOL....

Back
Top Bottom