Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

Pics
I have several, I believe Barred Rocks, and I have a couple that I think are roos. I'm not sure about some others.
I believe this is a Roo?

We got two barred rock "pullets" from the feed store last year and one turned out to be a rooster, from my research to try and find out if he was indeed a rooster (before the crow and other signs, lol) I found that in barred rocks the ones with the lighter barring are roos and the darker barring are pullets. Of course, the comb is also a factor, larger combs are males versus the smaller combs on females. The one you pictured seems to have more of a rooster light barring and a larger comb that I can see in the picture, good luck with them, the barred rocks are great birds!

I sure hope "Roadrunner" is a pullet or my boys will be disappointed. She is a 9 week old Easter egger, what do you guys think?
She is GORGEOUS! Love the colors! Anyway, I think she is defiantly a pullet, the comb is not very large and at nine weeks the comb should be pretty well developed, have fun with her!

What are your thoughts on these two 6 week old Easter Eggers? Thanks :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom