Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

Pics
These chicks hatched yesterday, 3 Cream Legbars and 3 Barred Rocks. I think there might be a lot of cockerels in this bunch. Any guesses?

Legbar 1, 2, 3

Barred Rock 1

Barred Rock 2

Barred Rock 3

I forgot to mention this but from here on out we do help with breed as well. Our breed expert is @Chicken Girl1 , so if you would like to know breed she is the girl to ask!
smile.png

All the Barred Rocks appear to be female. Dark leg wash and blotchy, faint spots. My males had much larger spots.
Hope it helps.
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f427.png
1f427.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
Thank you! I hope so, I am pretty sure two out of the three legbars are male. I wasn't exactly sure what to look for in the Barred Rocks.

Hello again!

Ok so I've managed to pick out my pullets now but am stuck with this little one. At 9/10 wks now I'm leaning toward roo but the breed has got me puzzled too. I was told he/she was an Andalusian but on inspection it's not looking likely. He/she is growing a very distinctive pea comb & has yellow legs. I think I'm correct in thinking these aren't true of an Andalusian?? Any ideas would be good, thank you. I'm also struggling with my lav Araucana. Any pointers from anyone?? Thanks :)
[/IMG][/IMG]

What color would it be if it did not turn pink? In other words what color would it be if it was a hen? Thank you so much for your response I really appreciate it.
The pullet's comb will also get red as they get closer to lay...in fact, that's one of the characteristics of a pullet ready to lay a first egg. However, as chicks - a pullet's comb should stay pale..yellowish?...not red/pink. The young roosters will have combs that go red a LOT faster. Then with the boys...watch for the development of pointy and shiny saddle and hackle feathers. That is definitive! :)

Back
Top Bottom