Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

We had a few questions on gender of our blue laced red wyandottes.

This first one is Theodore. About 2.5 months old.

This second is black. It is also 2.5 months old. We believe it to be a boy.

Finally this is Cheepers. To me a boy but my kids are hoping for a girl since we aren't keeping many boys. Oh and he is 3 months old.

All three are cockerels. And, I'm not great at Wyandottes. Those combs and wattles are just way too much, way too pink, way too early. Plus, the last two have very obvious male saddle feathers coming in.

Thank you. That is what I was thinking. The last two were relatively easy to guess but the first kept confusing me. Good thing we named him Theodore!

This is our 3 week old Salmon Favorelle, when we bought her she was supposed to be a girl, but now that her feathers are coming in, she is looking more like a male because she is getting black feathers, and ideas? Thank you!

This is our 3 week old Salmon Favorelle, when we bought her she was supposed to be a girl, but now that her feathers are coming in, she is looking more like a male because she is getting black feathers, and ideas? Thank you!

While there are badly colored pullets from hatcheries, this does not look like one. The pattern looks like a light colored cockerel.

Pullet or Rooster? Please someone help me figure this one out! It is a bantam. ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom