Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

I've been lurking for a while, finding answers to my question along the way, but this is one I finally had to join to ask. We had two of these lavenders but already sent one crower to the farm. We were thinking this was a pullet but now I'm thinking another cockerel. :( If so, he hasn't crowed at all --- about 20 weeks old now. Should he be crowing?

Yep, agree with QM. Cockerel. If you have another that is already crowing, then this guy is the beta. I had 3 males together for a while and 2 took forever to crow. One crowed very early.

Now I have 2 young ones (10 weeks), one has just started, the other hasn't. Just their nature I guess.

I just had to say that your Roo is gorgeous!
And he looks like he's wearing a bow-tie!

Aww thank you! He is a great little guy.

So I got this pullet from mypetchicken already sexed.she is 11 to 12 weeks. Until now I had no question that she was a she. I noticed something going on with her what looks to be saddle feathers. I'm hoping it's something else but not sure. I have 2 and the other looks the same minus the weird feathers.

So I got this pullet from mypetchicken already sexed.she is 11 to 12 weeks. Until now I had no question that she was a she. I noticed something going on with her what looks to be saddle feathers. I'm hoping it's something else but not sure. I have 2 and the other looks the same minus the weird feathers.

Her feathering does look weird, but not male. That's a little pullet.

I posted a few weeks ago here and just took some updated pics today. They will be 8 weeks tomorrow and I'm now really thinking that of my two Easter Eggers (both pictured here), one is looking more like a cockerel with that comb color and what appears may be turning into 3 row pea comb? Any signs of hope this could still be a pullet? I bought them sexed from a feed store as day-old chicks. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom