Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Any ideas on this polish? I love her, she's so sweet I'm hoping it's a girl! :)

Head feathers look pretty pointy to me. Sorry to say it but that is a cockerel trait.

need help is my buff orpington a little roo? my poor heart is so sad was praying for pullet and just not sure. this is at about 5-6 weeks old.

Not an obvious male yet. Wait a couple weeks and then post this one with a new picture. The amount of change in the comb is more meaningful than the size at a given point.

Not an obvious male yet. Wait a couple weeks and then post this one with a new picture. The amount of change in the comb is more meaningful than the size at a given point.
okay thank you is there anything I'm looking for specifically with the breed? its my only buff orpington chick it feathered in a lot slower than my other chicks which put me off on it being a pullet. my other roo chick has a different more aggressive personality the buff is very sweet always snuggling with another chick or wanting human snuggles someone said the tail feathers looked male but it's 7-8 weeks now still no red in the comb it's Orange still

okay thank you is there anything I'm looking for specifically with the breed? its my only buff orpington chick it feathered in a lot slower than my other chicks which put me off on it being a pullet. my other roo chick has a different more aggressive personality the buff is very sweet always snuggling with another chick or wanting human snuggles someone said the tail feathers looked male but it's 7-8 weeks now still no red in the comb it's Orange still

A darker and larger comb than the females have is the usual tell but a buff can also have a darker area on the middle of the wing. That would be masculine, too.

Assuming this is a hatchery chick, feathering speed isn't meaningful and tail shape on a baby never is.

I think my bachelor pad is growing!
I rescued 14 bantam chicks that the feed store just gave to me because they weren't selling. I was able to separate 6 cockerals initially based on size and comb. I had 3 gold laced seabrights. I wasn't too sure about them because they all looked the same. Now at 8 weeks old,, 2 have developed red rose combs and waffles....so I'm guessing now I have 2 new gentlemen to add to bachelor pad. Pictures posted...just for verification.

"Pulley"?

I think my bachelor pad is growing!
I rescued 14 bantam chicks that the feed store just gave to me because they weren't selling. I was able to separate 6 cockerals initially based on size and comb. I had 3 gold laced seabrights. I wasn't too sure about them because they all looked the same. Now at 8 weeks old,, 2 have developed red rose combs and waffles....so I'm guessing now I have 2 new gentlemen to add to bachelor pad. Pictures posted...just for verification.

"Pulley"?

Thank you all for taking a peak at my questionable light brahma.  I guess I just have to wait more.:rolleyes:

Every week that the comb DOESN'T change any faster than the rest of her is a week closer to eggs. My dark would have me seriously worried if I didn't have the pattern to reassure me. She's HUGE.

Back
Top Bottom