Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Picked this one up out of a bin labeled (EE mutt mix). Fairly large. About 9 weeks old. It's comb has always been on the pale pink side. None of my others have pale combs. Unsure of gender and breed. First timer here! Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20170521_165515_HDR-1.jpg
    20170521_165515_HDR-1.jpg
    792.6 KB · Views: 13
Here are 6 of the 10. Any ideas if they are a pullet or roo

Attachments

• IMG_1882.JPG
    IMG_1882.JPG
    380.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1883.JPG
    IMG_1883.JPG
    393.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1884.JPG
    IMG_1884.JPG
    515.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1885.JPG
    IMG_1885.JPG
    588.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1886.JPG
    IMG_1886.JPG
    487.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1887.JPG
    IMG_1887.JPG
    430.7 KB · Views: 11
IMG_6264.JPG
IMG_6256.JPG
Olive egger (welsummer/true blue whiting mix) two days shy of six weeks. Dull consistent patterning with salmon colored breast, no waddles and pale comb makes me think pullet, but the comb size, yellow legs and stance make me think cockerel. We already gave one away that was very obviously a cockerel-red large comb, tail feathers pointing straight up, cockerel attitude and black patches everywhere including the breast. Thoughts?

IMG_1912.JPG
We have a 6-week old Silver-Laced Wyandotte here. Any guesses on whether we have a roo or pullet? Thanks for your time!
Pullet!!! This was my girl at about 3 months. Maybe a little older. We were so sure she was a Roo because she had a long stringy tail but she turned out to be a hen. To this day she still has a stringy tail feather.

IMG_1554.JPG
Hello! I decided to start another thread on helping all you back yard chicken farmers determine the sex of your chicken.
I know it can sometimes be super tricky to identify gender in chicks, so that's why we made this thread! No need to start your own thread, just hop on here and share a picture of your chick, making sure it's at least 4 weeks old before asking gender. Me and @Jetblack2004 are almost 100% on genders for chicks 4 weeks+.
So feel free to ask lots of questions regarding gender. We do NOT identify breeds, only gender. However, if anyone out there is good at identifying breeds, please let us know, we would love to have your help!

Thanks!

-ftfarmer22
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Hello! I decided to start another thread on helping all you back yard chicken farmers determine the sex of your chicken.
I know it can sometimes be super tricky to identify gender in chicks, so that's why we made this thread! No need to start your own thread, just hop on here and share a picture of your chick, making sure it's at least 4 weeks old before asking gender. Me and @Jetblack2004 are almost 100% on genders for chicks 4 weeks+.
So feel free to ask lots of questions regarding gender. We do NOT identify breeds, only gender. However, if anyone out there is good at identifying breeds, please let us know, we would love to have your help!

Thanks!

-ftfarmer22

Attachments

• IMG_1552.JPG
    IMG_1552.JPG
    627 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1552.JPG
    IMG_1552.JPG
    627 KB · Views: 9
View attachment 555514
Pullet!!! This was my girl at about 3 months. Maybe a little older. We were so sure she was a Roo because she had a long stringy tail but she turned out to be a hen. To this day she still has a stringy tail feather.
Thank you!!! I definitely see a resemblance. Your girl has larger wattles like ours. The wattles on our SLW are larger than the other 6-wk pullets we have, although, they are all different breeds so comparing is difficult. Thanks so much for the picture!!! :)

I took some more pictures tonight. I think the two small ones are Golden Sebright Bantams, but not sure. They are 4.5 weeks old. They look different so I think one pullet,
20170521_192844.jpg
one roo?

What do y'all think?

Back
Top Bottom