Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

[QUOTE="Cage10, post: 16863960, member: 392914
Hen. A rooster has sickle, long pointy feathers on their back, this chicken doesn't have any.

9 week old Easter egger, what do you think?
[/QUOTE]
She's a pullet! :)

Picked this one up out of a bin labeled (EE mutt mix). Fairly large. About 9 weeks old. It's comb has always been on the pale pink side. None of my others have pale combs. Unsure of gender and breed. First timer here! Any thoughts?
That comb at 9 wks is a male. Not sure on breed, looks mixed.

View attachment 555486 View attachment 555485 Olive egger (welsummer/true blue whiting mix) two days shy of six weeks. Dull consistent patterning with salmon colored breast, no waddles and pale comb makes me think pullet, but the comb size, yellow legs and stance make me think cockerel. We already gave one away that was very obviously a cockerel-red large comb, tail feathers pointing straight up, cockerel attitude and black patches everywhere including the breast. Thoughts?
Looking like a pullet at this point. Yellow legs are not related to the sex.

View attachment 555779 Lil Chipmunk is a 3.5 week old OEGB

Cockerel or pullet? Or too young to tell?
I've never had OEGB, but this makes me want to get some. Beautiful little chick. I would just be guessing on one so young... coin flip. Would love to see update photos as it grows. That being said, I've had a couple obvious male Serama at 3 wks. One crowing at 5 wks! :p

Back
Top Bottom