Not sure what these are?? :)

Angie8eggs

Songster
7 Years
Apr 17, 2012
I normally order my chicks from a hatchery but we got these at TSC, the sign in the tank said Cornish, but they don't look like it to me. They have 2 brown stripes on the side of their body, and their new feathers are coming in brown. They told me they are cornish rocks. I will try to post a picture, if I can't, I hope I gave a good enoght description! ;) thank you! Oh if this helps any most of their head and neck are a light brown!

A picture would defiantly help.
smile.png
Welcome to BYC!

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome! :) I am still trying to figure out uploading a picture, I shall have it up soon!

Lol, good luck.
What color are their legs? Can you tell what kind of comb they have? That'll help narrow it down some until you can get pics up.

I am on my cell phone, so maybe that is why I can upload a picture? lol when I get home I will try it, thanks so much for your willingness to help! Their legs are like a orange'ish, the combs are low, lower than my leg horns and about the same color as their feet. Also they are about 3 weeks old. Will post pics later! Thanks again! :)

Hope these work and are big enough! Thanks! These definitley aren't Cornish,right?;) The white one in the back left corner is my Leghorn.

<--- not sure what this little bantam is either, I think s/he is some sort of Old English Bantam??

Those pictures are super tiny, and when I looked at them on your profile they were blurry. Sorry, they don't help at all.

Your chick could be a dark cornish, which would be weird to mix in with a cornish X bin... but I wouldn't put it past the hatcheries. It is a cornish, after all.

From what I understand a cornish rock cross is a meat bird. Maybe check the meatie page for more info - when you get legit pictures, they might be able to tell you whether what you have is a meatie or other type of cornish.

Is your avatar the bantam chick? If so I think you are right and it's a oegb. Cute little things, I've always wanted one.
The pics are too small to tell on the others.

Yes Julie, that is my Bantam in my avatar! Thanks, I was hoping he was an OEB! Sorry the pics turned out super tiny! :-/ tomorrow I will upload them to a bigger size. I live way out in the sticks and only have satellite Internet-the most worthless kind,and I have no connection on it right now. Thank goodness AT&T has good cell reception out here!

Back
Top Bottom