Not what I ordered; what is he/she?!

boxxofrox

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2017
Hello all! I'm a first timer here! I went to TSC and purchased 4 tetra brown pullets and 4 buff orpingtons from a straight run. All are doing well but we quickly noticed that one of the "buffs" was clearly not. She's feathering completely white and her legs started yellow but then quickly turned grey and now very green! Here's a picture of her/him; any guesses?! And info on that breed? And on gender too? She is 3.5 weeks old and the most docile of the bunch! I am hoping for a pullet here! Thanks for the help!
[/IMG][/IMG]

Thank you! I wonder if the rest of the buffs are even orpingtons! Any guess on sex? These are the others

Thank you! I wonder if the rest of the buffs are even orpingtons! Any guess on sex? These are the others

Can you take some photos where the natural lighting is on the birds? The shadowing of this photo makes discerning characteristics that would confirm breed (such as leg color) on al the birds difficult. Photos that show each bird in a natural, standing position that are taken from the side are best for breed and gender assessment.

Back
Top Bottom